Saturday, May 25, 2013

In Her Grip

Day 25: Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)
My ex-best friend, who I wrote about here and here, would always say horrible things to me.  She would tell me that I am selfish, that I think I am better than others, that I’m mean, that I only think of myself, that I’m rude….I mean I could go on and on about the terrible things she told me.  And you know what, for a while, I believed her. I would constantly question myself.  I would ask other friends if they thought this way about me. I would get so hurt.
But the more I thought about it, I knew she was just saying those things to get to me. They were her way of fighting. Yes, I’m selfish sometimes. Every human being on the planet is!  But that is not a major character trait of mine. I am not a perpetually selfish person.  I know that I’m not rude or mean.  I know that I think of others.
I sometimes still question myself, but after being caught in her grip for so long.  After a year and a half, it makes me so sad that I still do.  But I'm getting better. 

Just because one person says terrible things about you doesn't mean they are true.

1 comment:

  1. It's sometimes so hard to shake the things that "friends" say. You're know this...you're better off without her.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...