Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Boxy Charm Review - April


Boxy Charm time!

This box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 

The theme this month is “April Bloom.”  I guess I can see how a few of the items tie in, but barely!  I’m not sure why they even try with the themes anymore!

Here is the April Boxy Charm!  

           1)      Coolway Smoothing Lotion – 2 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I haven’t tested this out yet, so I’m not sure how well it works. I can say that I have used their 
            products before and found them to be nothing special.  Also, they sometimes have a scent 
            that I really don’t care for. Hopefully this one will surprise me.
Full Size: $24.95 My Value: $24.95

           2)      OFRA Illuminating Blush Stripes  - 10g (FULL SIZE)
I’m not sure I honestly know what this is, but I can definitely say it is very pretty! From reading the info, it sounds like it is almost like a power highlighter which is fun.  I like powder much better than cream.  It also says this can double as a four-color eye shadow palette, which is pretty awesome.  A two for one!
Full Size: $35.00 My Value: $35.00

3)   Harvey Prince Mini Roller Fragrance – .3 oz.  
I am not completely sure how I feel about the scent of this.  On one hand I like it, but on the other, it smells a bit manly for my taste.  I asked C and he liked it though, so I guess I can wear it around him!  I do love mini perfume samples and this one is pretty substantial in size, so it will be great for traveling! I can’t see myself ever buying it though.
Full Size: $21.00 My Value: $21.00

4)   ModelCo Shine Ultra Lip Gloss in “Rose” – .17 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I’m sorry, but that color is nothing close to what I’d imagine “Rose” to be, which bums me out. I am just not one for super bright lip colors. Oh well.
Full Size: $16.00 My Value: $16.00

5)   Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette  – (FULL SIZE)
I am sooooo soooo excited about this!  I love Coastal Scents so this is right up my alley.  They have great pigmentation, especially for a “cheap” brand.  Though, I wouldn’t necessarily call them cheap any more.  You used to be able to get a palette of 80 colors from them for $20 or less!  Regardless, I am so happy to have received this.  It looks to be a knockoff of the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay and I adore the colors. I’ve used it several times since I received it!
Full Size: $39.95 My Value: $39.95

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $136.90

Holy cow, I think this is one of the best boxes I have received from Boxy Charm!  Yes, there is an item or two I may never use, but the one’s I will use more than make up for those!  I am so happy about the palette and that is double the cost of the box alone.  Great job Boxy Charm!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I’m not a review only blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...