Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Boxy Charm Review - March


Boxy Charm time!

This box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 

After cutting back on my beauty boxes to save money for the impending new addition to our family, I am still happy I kept this one!

The theme this month is “Lucky Charm” which is fitting for the month, though I wouldn’t say it really matches many of the items!

Here is the March Boxy Charm!  

           1)      Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Thickening & Strengthening Mousse – 2 oz. (TRAVEL SIZE)
            I haven’t tested this out yet, so I’m not sure how well it works. I can say I am excited to try it 
            though.  I like testing out hair products, although I rarely actually buy them.  I have thin hair, 
            so it will be nice to see if this actually makes mine thicker! Boxy Charms claim of this being 
            worth $11 is a bit high by my calculations…but I’ll go with it.
Full Size: $23.00 for 6.3 oz. My Value: $11.00

           2)      OFRA Eyeliner in “Black” – .04 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Well since I am now starting to love actual pencil eyeliners (gasp!) I am excited to try this one.  So far, I have only found two brands that actually work for me, so I don’t have high hopes for this.  It seems a little tougher than I like.  I like the “liquid like” pencils.  That being said, I am so glad they finally sent one in the color black! It’s the only color I’ll use.
Full Size: $13.00 My Value: $13.00

3)   LVX Nail Polish in “Deco” – .5 oz.  (FULL SIZE)
I rarely paint my nails, but I actually like this color!  I decided to paint them earlier in the week and then took it off two days later due to an event I was going to. I will definitely use this again though.  It is supposed to have a “gel look” which it kind of did, it seemed thicker looking that other polishes I’ve used.
Full Size: $16.00 My Value: $16.00

4)   tarte Lip Surgence Lip Tint in “Charmed” – .10 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Yet another pink lip crayon.  Womp womp. I wish I got these things in colors other than bright pink and red!  ßI wrote that sentence on the last Boxy Charm review. I didn’t even change it.  How lame. Disappointed in you Boxy Charm!
Full Size: $24.00 My Value: $24.00

5)   Previse Nutrify Skin Type 1-6 Universal Tonic – 2 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Though this has a super awesome sounding value, I just don’t quite get what it is. The description says it “hydrates skin and speeds healing while fighting free radicals and surface irritants.” Sounds like mumbo jumbo to me.  The directions are quite intense too.  I’m not sure if I will ever use this, let alone purchase it again.
Full Size: $48.00 My Value: $48.00

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $112.00

As always, this box has such a great value.  Obviously, the weird “tonic” bumps it up pretty high, but even without that I think I am still getting some items I will definitely use.

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I’m not a review only blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...