Monday, April 13, 2015

Arena Footballl....How'd He Get There?

Ok so now that you know a little about Arena Football, I thought I’d talk a little more about C and his involvement.



C did play in the NFL after college, for several teams. He played with the St. Louis Rams, the Detroit Lions, and New Orleans Saints, but nothing really stuck. After deciding that he wasn’t getting enough playing time (due to the politics of everything behind the scenes) he left the league and decided to pursue other things.

In 2008 the Tampa Bay Storm (an Arena Football team) called him up and asked him to play. After googling the rules, he decided to give it a try. He played that year and really enjoyed it, but internal issues caused the entire league to shut down in 2009. Thankfully, that only lasted a season and C played in Tampa for the 2010 and 2011 season. In 2011 he was the Defensive Lineman of the year!

After the 2011 season C was treated unfairly in Tampa and demanded a trade. Since he was such a valued player, he was able to list his top three teams and demand to play at one of them. On February 7th, 2012 (my birthday!) he was traded from Tampa to a team not listed in his top three. He refused to play there, so they traded him to Arizona, which was on the list. He was traded from the second team on February 9th, 2012 (my mom’s birthday!). Now there is actually a rule in the league nicknamed after him, saying you can't be traded to a team and then traded again right away. So funny.
 
I still love that he made his way to Arizona on both mine and my mother’s birthdays. Happy birthday to us!

He made it to Arizona on February 24th and I met him 4 days later on February 28th! I snatched that one up right away :)

Anywho, back to football.


As I said before, C is a defensive lineman, which means he’s a big dude. As you can tell from the many pictures I post, he towers over me. I am about 5’7 and he is 6’4! I love it. I always said I wanted to be with a tall guy so I could wear heels. Turns out I am really not a fan of heels since I wear them all day at work. I don't wear them around him very often!


There are 4 other guys on the team that play the same position (well roughly – there are minor variations) and 4 of the 5 guys are out on the field at a time. That means there is one “backup.” C has been a starting Defensive Lineman all of his seasons with the Rattlers. Even with C’s arm being in a "club" two seasons ago, they still had him play entire games. I think that says a lot. The guy with one arm/hand is better than the backup! Now as the seasons go on, the coaches really look to him for his opinion on the other guys.


Last season C made the 2nd Team All-Arena (meaning they put together a "team" of the best guys in the whole league and he made that team) as well as the Defensive Player of the Game for the Arena Bowl.  Even though he is pretty far up there in age at 34 (in football years) he is still kicking butt! This may be his last season, so I am going to enjoy it the best I can!

So there you have it, all about C, his involvement in the league and how he got there! Next time I will talk about the juicy stuff like crazy fans and football bimbos :)

Is there anything else you would like to know?!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...