Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Ipsy Reviw - April


Ipsy time!

Like I always say, this is one of my favorite times of the month….I love getting this bag in the mail! I really do think this is the best bag out there for the cost.  If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first. $10 for everything including shipping?  You can’t really beat that!

The theme of this month’s bag is “Beautiful Bohemian,” which seems like a great theme, but honestly I don’t see how a single item I received (except for the bag) matches it! The bag is pretty cute, though my zipper is kind of wonky which is a bummer. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.

So here it is…the April Ipsy bag!  

        
   1)     Olive Lips Oats & Honey Moisturizing Lip Balm – .07 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            Well I do love me some lip balm!  I can’t imagine anything better than my Burt’s Bees, but I 
            will definitely get some use out of this I’m sure.  Maybe I will pack it in my hospital bag, I 
            read you should pack chapstick since hospitals are very dry!
Full Size: $5.95 My Value: $5.95

           2)    Julie Nail Polish in “Damsel” – .35 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I am not impressed by this. Seems like a run of the mill cheap, boring nail polish to me!
Full Size: $3.99 My Value: $3.99

           3)    Mica Beauty Eye Primer  – 4 g. (FULL SIZE)
            Ugh, another one of these eye primers in a flat container.  I really dislike this kind.  I can’t get 
            my finger in there without getting the product all over and under my nail.  I could certainly  
            use a brush, but that just adds extra steps to my beauty routine because then I would have to 
            wash that.  I’ll stick with tubes where I can put it on with my finger! Also, that price is a 
            joke!!!
Full Size: $44.95 for 8 g. My Value: $22.47

4)  The Balm Mini Nude Dude Eyeshadow in “Fit” – .035 oz.
Ooo I think this color is really pretty!  It’s a perfect copper color to wear to C’s Rattler games!
Full Size: $36.00 for a palette of 12 colors My Value: $3.00

       5)  Pandora’s Makeup Blush in “Pink Carnation” – .14 oz. – (FULL SIZE)
I wish this came in better packaging.  The cardboard around it looks really cute, but inside that is blush in a tin, like you would add to a palette.  That’s not very helpful to me, since I don’t have the type of palette this would fit it.  The color is not bad, but it’s too dark for me.  I go for more rose and peach colors.
Full Size: $11.45 My Value: $11.45

Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $46.86

I’m pretty bummed about this bag, I will probably be getting use out of two items at most, the eye shadow and the lip balm.  Those items put together don’t even cover my cost of the bag though, which stinks.  Oh well, I guess you win some, you lose some right?

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...