Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Starbox Review - February



Starbox time!  

I got this box really late this month.  As in I got the FEBRUARY box in MARCH!  I don’t know what is going on with their system but geez, if you are going to charge me on the 1st of the month, I think it’s fair for you to send it out shortly after or at least not a whole month later. 

I am honestly on the verge of stopping this box.  I am waiting one more month though, because the March box comes with an extra gift to subscribers every quarter they stick around.  It better be good is all I have to say!

If you don’t remember, Starbox is a monthly beauty box that is $15 a month (plus a few dollars S&H) and comes with 3-4 FULL SIZED products each time.  No tiny lotion samples!
The website says the makeup line is comparable to MAC, Chanel, Sephora and other department store lines.  It also says that the value of each monthly box ranges from $35.00 to $99.00.

So here we go….the February Starbox!  
      1)     Starlooks Cream Shadow in “Core”– .12 oz  (FULL SIZE)
This is a brand new product that Starlooks offers, which is exciting.  It’s so new in fact, that I couldn’t even find it on the website! I’m not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I love the cream shadow I use as a base for my eyeshadow every day and I was hoping I’d use this the same way.  Oh the other hand though, the color is just atrocious! I mean, what is that?  It’s like a yellowish greenish black?  I kind of think it’s reminiscent of duck poop…..
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

      2)    Starlooks Lipstick in “BFF”– .13 oz. (FULL SIZE)
           This looks again like so many lipsticks I’ve gotten recently.  It’s a pretty shimmery    
           nude,  but I’m almost positive it will look like I am wearing nothing on my lips if I use 
           it.  For me and my lips, I really need at least a bit of color to even them out or else I 
           look like I constantly have a fake lip liner line!
          Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

      3)    Starlooks Pigment in “Tungsten” – .09 oz. (FULL SIZE)
          Hmmm….well color me intrigued on this one!  I am actually really excited to try it.  It 
          seems to be a powder eye shadow.  It does look very dark, so my only worry it is will 
          just make me ridiculous. I am hoping that I can use just a little to give it a smoky look 
          but not too dramatic. It looks almost dark grey, but if you look at it at the right angle 
          (and in the picture above) its almost green!
         Full Size: $17.00 My Value: $17.00

      4)    Bonus: Starlooks Nylon Headband – (FULL SIZE)
         This brown nylon headband is supposed to be used to hold back your hair when you 
         are doing your makeup.  I guess that’s a nice thought, though it is definitely not a nice 
         color! 
         Full Size: $15.00 My Value: $15.00

Final Cost: $17.58
Final Value: $41.00

Hmmm this box did nothing to convince me.  Compared to other month’s boxes, the value for this one is pretty darn low.  I like the idea of all of these products….but I am just not sure any of them are in colors that I would actually use. Hopefully it will get better next time. I am crossing my fingers!

Be warned Starbox…..you are on the bubble!

What do you think?

If you’d like to try Starbox you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


1 comment:

  1. That actually really does look like duck poop.... but it could be cute if you used it as a base in your crease? I think I may have to see about signing up! $15 isn't so bad!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...