Friday, March 21, 2014

This Really Happened

So today is just going to mostly pictures of what C and I did on Wednesday night.  I can't believe these things actually happened and that I was brave enough to do them.  I mean, C did a lot more than I did, but I am still proud of myself!

One of C's fans makes a living by doing road shows that show off various animals and creatures.  He also takes people out on night hikes, to see creepy crawlies out in their natural habitat in our Arizona deserts.  This week, he invited us over for dinner and the check out the animals. 

He seriously had so many different creatures.  When we first got there, he walked us around a yard full of tortoises, peacocks and chickens. One of his tortoises is so large he can put a saddle on it and ride around the yard.  Another, aptly named Stumpy, lost a leg and now has a wheel attached to his shell to help him get around.

They have a few other ponds full of soft-shelled turtles, red headed sliders, mud turtles, box turtles and any other kind of turtle that likes the water.

Then we went into some cages where he had a tiny little fox from South Africa with huge ears that barked like a puppy the whole time.  Next to it, was my favorite animal we got to play with, a lemur named Jill.

After that, we went inside an old airstream trailer where he keeps most of the creatures. There are 39 snakes along with lizards, chameleons, roaches, centipedes, millipedes, tarantulas, scorpions and various other gross things.

Oddly enough, I was able to eat dinner after that!

Finally, we went into the living room of the house where the big guys were housed.  BIG. That is all I have to say.

Without further ado.....here are some pictures of our night!

Lemur Love!











Turtles....and turtle pee!


Turtle selfie :)










 And to get all of that out of your mind....I will leave you with something cute!
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those are some crazy animals! I absolutely love turltes, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I don't think I could do the snakes. I would love to hang out with the lemurs though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah, can't believe you held those pythons! you're so brave!

    msemilybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lemur is cute...that scorpion is not. Neither are the snakes. That's a lot of snakes. Ack!!! You get bonus points for doing all of this! I don't think I'd be brave enough to hold a snake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this from instagram.. I was wondering where this was from. You are soo brave!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...