Monday, March 24, 2014

Petit Vour Beauty Box Review (+ Staycation!)

This week C and I are taking a "staycation" since his team has a bye week.  We plan to do a bunch of cool things around Arizona (like Horseback Riding and visiting Canyon Lake) and I will be taking the week off of blogging.  Because of that, you get multiple beauty box reviews this week!

I have yet another beauty box review for you!

This time I ordered a box called PetitVour and it promises to show you ethical brands and vegan beauty.  Not sure why I thought this was really up my alley, but I’m sure it’s just the fact that it was yet another box I haven’t tried! 
This box was $15 with free shipping and the theme was “Le Boutique” (whatever that means).
 
So here it is…. Petit Vour beauty box!  

             1)      NCLA Nail Wraps -  (FULL SIZE)
             This actually came with two different styles, but both are something I would never wear.        
             The colors are just too bright and the black flowers in the middle are just too dark. I’ve 
             really been wanting to try the whole nail wrap thing, but these won’t be the ones I will try!  
             These also came with a nail file.
 Full Size: $18.00 My Value: $18.00

            2)      Lotus Wei Balancing Serum in “Pure Energy” – 10 mL
This stuff smells terrible.  There is no way I will be using it.  The decription says “This regenerative blend uses flower alchemy to bring your body back in tune.” Um what?
Full Size: $50.00 (50 mL) My Value: $10.00

3)   California Naturel Skincare Set  - no size listed (.25 oz per sample is a generous guess)
These are small one use sample packs of their Gentle Cleansing Gel, Balancing Complex, and Nourishing Cream. They are all free of parabens, sulfates and harsh synthetic chemicals which is nice.  I like that they are natural, but I am going to guess that they are nothing to write home about.  Also, they spell naturel weird. I don’t like it.
Full Size: $33.00- $45.00 each My Value: $15.00 (generous estimate)

4)   I.C.O.N. India Oil – 10 mL
I believe this is some sort of hair oil and believe me, my hair doesn’t need any oil!  For some reason things like this just make my hair so greasy looking.
Full Size: $40.00 112 mL My Value: $3.57

5)   LA FACE Hydrating and Firming Body Lotion – .118 oz. (2 packs)
$80 for lotion!?!? I don’t even think I need to say any more.
Full Size: $80.00 6.7 oz. My Value: $1.40 per pack ($2.80 total)

Final Cost: $15.00
Final Value: $47.97

While this seems like a good value, I liked nothing in the box. Nothing. I will probably use the face lotion and body lotion packs, but the rest is a waste to me.

I should have looked up other reviews of this box before I purchased it. I would have learned it is not for me.  This is the only you review you will get because I cancelled it less than an hour after I got it in the mail!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...