Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lip Factory Review - February



Lip Factory box time! 

Sixth months of this box and I still like it.  That’s a good thing!  

To me, this box is like Ipsy, but with more full sized products. 5-7 full sized products to be exact! If you have the money ($22), this is a good one to spring for! They aim for a “full face” of makeup, but their main focus is on…lips of course!   This box comes a little later in the month too which I like because it really spaces out the awesome mail that I get!

Odd, but this month’s box didn’t come like it used to.  It used to be a cardboard shipping box that has their branded box inside. This time the cardboard box was stuffed with tissue paper and those stupid crinkly strips of paper and the products were in that. Getting cheap are we Lip Factory?

So here it is….the February Lip Factory box!  
I included some Teeez packaging so you could see it
           1)     Teeeze Cosmetics Lipstick in “Romantic Red” – 3.5 grams (FULL SIZE)
I love the packaging on this! It’s so vibrant and fun. The lipstick tube is a bit hefty though, bigger than most tubes.  Now for the bad news. It’s freakin red. Seriously?!?!? Ugh this makes me so angry!
Full Size: $18.87 My Value: $18.87

           2)    Teeeze Desert Metals Mascara in “Tigers Eye”– 10 ml (FULL SIZE)
Ok in two months I’ve gotten 10 different products in my Lip Factory boxes.  A whopping 4 of them have been from this brand!  Seriously?  They must have gotten a good deal.  I would totally be fine with this mascara…if it weren’t brown.  Ugh.  My beauty profile says I have olive skin, dark eyes and dark hair and you think I’d use a brown mascara?!? Not cool.
Full Size: $20.75  My Value: $20.75

            3)    Starlooks Loose Pan Eyeshadow in “Shiny Taupe”– .09 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Ooo well this is pretty!  Too bad I am pretty sure I already have it in one of my Starlooks full sized palettes I got from my Starbox subscription. Womp Womp.  At least it’s a new brand for this box, even if the brand does have its over version of a beauty box!
Full Size: $10.00 My Value: $10.00

4)  Lasplash Chubby Twist in “Pink Orchid” – .13 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Gggrr. Another bright pink lip product I won’t use.  At least its not red? I guess?
Full Size: $9.98 My Value: $9.98

5)  Eyelashi  Eyelashes - .26 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Apparently eyelashes in beauty boxes are the thing right now….I’ve gotten three sets in the last three boxes I received!  I have even already received these same ones from this brand (in Feb’s Boxy Charm). I like the packaging, but I don’t use lashes enough to really justify this!
Full Size: $9.00 My Value: $9.00

Final Cost: $22.00
Final Value: $68.60

Well dang.  I said I really liked it above, but this box seriously bummed me out.  There is maybe one product I will actually use so it was definitely not worth the price to me. Others may love these items, but they just aren’t my style. I will give this one last chance next month and if I don’t love it, I’m not keeping it.  I think I may email them too, maybe see if there is something in my beauty profile that makes them think I want these red and pink lip products?


What do you think?

Though not sure why after this review, but if you’d like to sign up…..use my referral number? Pretty please?  It’s 385223.

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...