Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Boxy Charm Review - March


It’s my third Boxy Charm review!

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite boxes.  I adore the packaging which honestly goes a long way!  It always makes me even more excited to receive it in the mail.  

This box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 
March’s Boxy Charm theme was “Spring Beauty” and the packaging was just a teeny bit lacking this time, which made me sad. It came in a sleek black box with a purple bowed tied on the side this time. Inside, everything was wrapped in purple tissue paper and when I undid the paper all of the products were resting in lavender crinkle paper.  Quite pretty.
So without further ado…. Boxy Charm number three!  

            1)     bellapiere Make Up BASE .03 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I’m not really sure what to think of this product. What exactly is a make up base? It seems so 
            broad. A quick google search says the product “helps transform all of our shimmer powders, 
            from shimmery to matte; it also provides a water proof base for any of our pigments. Some 
            clients also choose to use our makeup base as a Concealer for blemishes and impurities that 
            are more difficult to cover with makeup.” So it does nothing and everything at the same 
            time?  Clearly, it is supposed to go with the next item.
Full Size: $18.99 My Value: $18.99

            2)     bellapiere Shimmer Powder in “Earth”– .08 oz.  (FULL SIZE)
I have this product already and I love it.  I think the color is beautiful.  You definitely have to like shimmer though!  I use it only as an eye shadow. It looks like with the base above, you can actually make this a matte, which is interesting. I will have to try it out!
Full Size: $14.99.00 My Value: $14.99

3)   StrangeBeautiful Nail Polish in “Pussy Willow” and “Bandaid”- .5 oz. each (FULL SIZE)
This is a brand I have definitely never heard of. In fact, I could barely find it online. Seems like a pretty high price for an unknown brand!  I am not a polish user, so these are a no go for me. Also, why in the world would you call the color bandaid? What an unappealing color!
Full Size: $9.00 each My Value: $18.00

4)  ModelCo Party Proof Cream Lipstick in “Pinking of You” – .13 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Ugh. You already know how I feel about red lip products and I kind of feel the same about these bright pinks.  I just can’t do the Barbie look. Why the heck do I get so many of these??!?  Gggrr.
Full Size: $17.00 My Value: $17.00

5)  pur~lisse – hy-dra~balance moisturizer – 1.7 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This little tube of moisturizer must do some serious miracles to warrant that price! I actually kind of need a new moisturizer, so I will definitely be using this.  I just don’t think I will be purchasing another tube when this runs out!
Full Size: $55.00 My Value: $55.00
 
Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $123.98

Wow!  Check out that value! Such a great deal. I do feel like it is a bit skewed though, as I don’t think I would ever pay $55.00 for that face moisturizer.  But like I said, maybe it’s some miracle product I don’t know about!

I continue to enjoy this box, so I am definitely going to keep this one going. I can’t wait to see what packaging they have next month! 

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...