Friday, March 14, 2014

Champions x 2

As I have mentioned a few time, C’s team the Arizona Rattlers won the Arena Bowl last season, making them back to back champs.  This past Saturday, the team got together for a big party to celebrate. More importantly though, they finally got their new championship rings! 

I was really excited for the party this year.  I have been through everything with these guys and gals for two years and now I feel a lot more comfortable with everyone (have I mentioned I am pretty shy?). Plus, I knew last year’s party was pretty awesome and I had a feeling this years would be the same.

I wanted to have fun with the night, so I kind of did a lot of preparing. I shopped too many times trying to find the right dress, shoes and jewelry.  I really had a hard time finding something I liked.  I am not one to wear anything really tight or revealing, but I still wanted to look good.  Once you start moving away from the sexy look though, there is a fine line between looking like a tween and looking your age (which for me is 30, ugh).  Luckily, I ended up with an outfit (dress, shoes and jewelry) I loved for a grand total of $33! I’m not ashamed to say I love Ross and Burlington!

I also bought a groupon to get my hair blown out by a pretty well know salon here in Scottsdale.  It’s not something I would normally do, but I thought it would be nice to splurge a little and have my hair done.  I wanted to try something different with my hair (soft waves and side swept bangs) and was hoping to let a professional do it. Also, I made an appointment to have my makeup done at Sephora.  I was planning on purchasing a few things anyways, so their $50 purchase with makeup application didn’t seem like a big deal!

The day of the party I woke up earlier than I expected, so I went for a pedicure first.  Nothing like a day of pampering! Then I headed to the mall for my makeup appointment, which was at 2. As I was walking in the door C sent me a text telling me that the bus was going to pick us up at 5, when he had previously told me it would be at 6.  Immediately I panicked.  I definitely would not be ready in time if I left things as they were.  My hair appointment was at 3:45 and was supposed to take an hour.  There was no way I’d be finished in time to drive myself home, change and then drive to the hotel the team was staying in by 5. I had to call and cancel my appointment.

Cue a few tears. In a public place. So yeah, a bit embarrassing. I was so bummed I couldn’t get my hair done the way I wanted to.  I was also really worried I still wouldn’t have enough time to get ready!  My hair was currently in a ponytail with my bangs pinned back for easy makeup application, I still had to iron my dress and had I lots of other little details to figure out. 

The makeup artist did a pretty good job with my makeup.  I had to ask him to redo my eye shadow though, as it was pretty terrible.  There were just too many orangey browns he used that didn’t work for my skin tone.  He took about an hour and 15 minutes and then I purchase my $50 worth of products and high tailed it out of there.

Thankfully, I was able to wash my hair and get ready in time to make it to the hotel. I was only a few minutes past 5 and the bus hadn’t left yet, so I call that a win! 

The party was at the owner’s house out in the mountains of North Scottsdale. He lives in a beautiful, HUGE home that overlooks the whole city of Phoenix.  It was about a fifteen minute drive into the mountains off of the freeway. Then we had to be taken up to the front door from the main road on golf carts he had hired a few nicely dressed teenagers to drive.  Talk about fancy!
He had fancy chefs catering the whole thing, servers passing out Hors d'oeuvres (yes, I googled that spelling) and several bartenders on hand to serve drinks all night. There were sparkly cupcake displays, ice sculptures and high top tables with table cloths in the team’s colors. The best part though was the beautiful ring boxes just begging to be passed out to the guys!

Last year they waited until late in the evening to do the ceremony, which proved to be a little disastrous. Too many drinks had been consumed by that point and there were lots of shenanigans happening. This year, they presented the rings about an hour after we arrived.  
The coach stood up and talked about each player individually and their contribution to the team before presenting them with their ring.  C and I made it a point to not look at everyone else’s ring because we wanted our first look to be his personal ring.

Drum roll please……

Here is the ring!

Check out that big marquis diamond in the middle!  This year’s rings are a lot better than last years, which the guys were really excited about. The diamonds are a lot more obvious.  See? Guys can get excited about diamonds just like girls!

The D line and their coach
How many guys can we get in one photo?
My Champion :)
Overall we had a great time and I am so proud of C for earning yet another Arena Bowl Championship ring!  I can’t wait to see what the 2014 season has in store for us!
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. That dress looks fantastic on you! What a fun event :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...