Friday, October 11, 2013

I Love Food

I love food.

There, I said it.

I mean, there are a few things I don’t like, but that’s it.  I love trying things and I really love snacks.

Recently I heard about a few different “food” boxes that you can have shipped to you.  The first one is called Love With Food and I thought I’d share with you guys today! 

Basically, you pay $10 a month and they ship a box of 8 or more snack items to you.  For each box that is purchased, they donate a meal to a hungry child (they donate to local food banks). How’s that for awesome?!? There is even a little map that shows how many meals they have donated in your area.  For Arizona, the number is 800!

All of the items in the boxes are organic and all natural.  Ok, personally I don’t care much about that, I just like tasty food!

The first box I got had a theme of Backyard BBQ and included:
  1. Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps – These were pretty good and for 100 calories they were very filling!
  2. Sahale Snacks Cranberries, Sesame seeds + Honey Crunchers - Oh man these were tasty.  I might have to buy some of these.  They are just the right amount of sweet.
  3. Bops Sea Salt Baked Organic Potato Snack – Yuck, these were pretty bad.  I think I ate 2 chips and tried to give them away to a coworker who wouldn’t take them either.
  4. Rip Van Wafels Caramel Filled Amsterdam Wafel – This was tasty.  Like a soft waffle cone cookie. I wish I would have warmed it over a coffee cup though.  I bet the caramel melted in the middle would have made it taste even better!
  5. Dizzy Dust BBQ Seasoning - I haven’t tried this yet.  I am sure C will be BBQing something with it soon though.  That man loves the grill.
  6. Aunt Sally’s Creamy Pralines – I didn’t love this. The taste of the pralines was good, but the goo around them was not.  Just too sugary for me.  C didn’t like it either.
  7. El Pinto All Natural Medium Salsa - Salsa is salsa yes?
  8. Save the Trees Fresh Mints – I don’t like mints really so I gave these to C.  I think it’s a neat idea though and a nice little container to keep in your purse.
 The second box I got was created by Chef Ming Tsai and was all gluten free. It included:
  1. Good Boy Organics Cheddar Cheese Organicasaurus puffs – Blech. These were pretty gross.  I would definitely suggest cheeto puffs instead!
  2. Milas Foods Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Bruschetta  - I didn’t like this.  I love normal bruschetta, but this had a really weird flavor.  I could only have a few bites before I gave up.
  3. Betty Lou’s Blueberry Fruit Bar – These aren’t really my thing, but C really liked it.  He said it reminded him of a fig newton.
  4. Wild Garden Roasted Garlic Hummus – I wasn’t really expecting this to be very good. I thought it was going to be way too garlicky. You know what though? It was really good!  The container was perfect for travel too, which is really nice.
  5. Bare Fruit 100% Natural Crunchy Cinnamon Apple Chips  - These were really good.  I love apple chips.  I’ve never tried cinnamon though and I have to say it was a great after dinner snack!
  6. Licious Organics Cherry Berry Raw Cookie – Um yeah, this was gross. Totally dry and tasted vaguely like dirt!
  7. Millies Savory Teas Sipping Broth - I got two different flavors of this, Spicy Tortilla and Indian Spice.  I have only tried the Spicy Tortilla so far and I have to say….it’s interesting.  When I opened the packet the smell was very strong.  After steeping in hot water for two minutes though, the smell was less.  It wasn’t very strong tasting either, which I was happy about.  This stuff is just like sipping soup broth. I think it will be great in the afternoons when I feel hungry but probably don’t really need to eat anything!
  8. Cosmos Creations Cinnamon Crunch – Holy cow was this good!!  The description says “heavenly morsels of corn crunch” and they are lying.  I think I am actually going to buy a bag or two of this stuff!
  9. YumEarth Fruit Snacks – I have to say, these were possibly the best fruit snacks I have ever had.  They were sooooo flavorful!  I will probably be buying these too!
I really like getting this box and trying all the new snacks.  The only part that I don’t like is that the full size versions of the snacks are VERY expensive. You want ten tiny bags of cinnamon crunch? 
That will be $26. Want so of those tasty fruit snacks? Please cough up $18.  Do you know how many bags of regular fruit snacks I can get for $18? Guess I will just continue trying the little tiny snack versions of everything instead of buying the real thing!

I am going to continue trying this for a few months to see what kind of variety I get, I’ll give you an update in a few months!

If you’d like to try this for yourself, you can go here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...