Monday, October 28, 2013

Maryland - The Final Day!

As you read earlier this month I had an awesome time in Maryland finally meeting C’s family.

What made the trip even more exciting was what we did our final day there….

We went to Washington D.C. for a Redskins game!

If you don’t already know, C and I want to see a game at every NFL stadium sometime during our lives.  It’s on our bucket list.

We’ve both been to a few different stadiums, but not together. Heck, he’s even played in a bunch of them.  We thought it would be a lot of fun to accomplish them all together though.

His family lives about equal distance from the Baltimore Ravens as the Washington Redskins, so the game we chose was determined by who was playing in town.  The Redskins it was!  This also happened to be the first Monday night game of the entire season!

Needless to say, I was very excited!
Our Nations Capitol
 We headed to D.C. earlier in the day and decided to do some exploring before the game. I wish we would have had more time, but we ended up getting stuck in a lot of traffic.  We did get a chance to visit the Smithsonian Museum though, which was pretty awesome.


I was in awe of the dinosaur bones.  I mean, how cool is that?!?  They had the Hope diamond on display as well….a girl can dream :)

Best pic I could get of the Hope diamond
After the museum and trying but failing to find the MLK memorial we headed to Fed Ex Field in Landover, Maryland. 


I wasn’t sure if I was going to root for a specific team, but I thought I’d at least support the home team by wearing their colors….kind of.  I chose to wear a black top and red pants, but I guess the Redskins are more maroon. Oops! Oh well, at least I tried.

The game was so much fun!  They were playing the Eagles or at least trying to.  They were down almost the whole game and still ended up losing.
Empty Stadium


Players practicing
Super full Monday Night Football Stadium!
After the game we hopped back on the freeway after grabbing burgers and shakes and heading back to C’s hometown.  We got back probably around midnight and had to wake up and drive almost all the way back that way to the airport….I supposed we should have stayed near the city! Oh well.


I had a great time in Maryland and I seriously can’t wait to go back! C’s family was amazing and I am really glad I got the chance to meet them all :)

Have you met your significant others family?  How did it go?!?
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic














1 comment:

  1. It can be so nerve wracking meeting the family but I'm thrilled that you had a great time! And I think your outfit support the Redskins just fine :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...