Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beauty Box Five Review - October

 First of all, I finally posted on my Pretty Little Beauty Swap box....you can see that here!

Another Beauty Box Five!  Haha this is starting to get fun.  I wonder how many months I will keep getting this before they finally realize I no longer actually subscribe and pay?

Really though, should I feel bad?

Anyways, as I’ve said, this box is $12 a month. I think it is $10 a month if you get a 3 or 6 month subscription.

The theme this month is “Take It Easy.”
So here it is….the October Beauty Box Five box! 

  1. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion – 1 oz.
This right here is exactly why I cancelled this box. Regular old lotion. Really?  What a waste.
            Full Size: $6.99 for 8 oz. My Value:$0.87

  1. Swissco Glitter Toe Separators – 2 pieces (FULL SIZE)
Ooo toe separators. Not. I don’t think I have ever used these things.  They are useless to me!
Full Size: $2.00 My Value: $2.00

     3. La Fresh Travel Lite Facial Cleansing Wipes – 8 wipes
I like getting facial cleansing wipes because they are handy sometimes, but this isn’t anything new. I’m not impressed with these either.
Full Size: $19.99 for 48 wipes My Value: $3.33

      4. Nubar Alter Ego Nail Lacquer in – .25 oz.
I guess this is an ok color.  I mean, who doesn’t like glitter?  It will be pretty for the fall too. I wish I painted my nails more though!
Full Size: $8.00 .5 oz. My Value:$4.00

      5. Model Co Cheek and Lip Tint – .16 oz.
This is the only thing in this box that seems really worth it to me.  I probably won’t use it as a cheek tint (I’d end up looking like a clown I’m sure of it) but I like it as a lip tint. I am hoping the color coverage is good!
Full Size: $22.00 .33 oz. My Value:$10.66

Final Cost: $12.00
Final Value: $20.86

This month’s box is a perfect example of why I cancelled Beauty Box Five in the first place.   It is full of silly little things cheap things.  Regular old lotion? Boring! I love the other boxes (like Ipsy and Lip Factory) because there is a much better variety and usually they are brands I don’t know much about.

Obviously, I don’t plan on signing up again nor would I recommend it to anyone.  Although, if they keep sending me free ones I will obviously accept!

What beauty boxes do you get that you really like?

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got this for free! I'd be disappointed too if I had paid $10 for that box. Most of those look like they could be in the $1-2 travel item section at Target!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same thing happened to me!! My friend got me a 3 month subscription for my birthday, and I keep on getting the boxes. I told her, but a couple of times she said that they had forgotten to charge her. I got an identical box to yours...was not impressed, but can't knock it too much since I didn't pay!

    Améliorer la Vie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...