Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Glossy Box Review - June

I got my second Glossy Box today :) I just love the look of this box….it’s so practical for other uses too!

I’ve been really curious about this one since the last review I did. I wanted to see if it was any better.  If you don’t remember, this box is $21 a month, which is a little more than the others so I am not sure how long I will keep this going. It is cool though that you can go to their site and do little reviews of their products and earn points.  By my estimates if you do all of the reviews every month, yoursix or seventh box will be completely free!
The day after I did the last review I got an email saying my card had been charged for my second box.  That was almost a month ago! A few weeks after that, I got an email saying that my box was delayed and that something (I think it was a nail polish?) was no longer going to be included in the boxes so they were getting us something super awesome instead and it would be mailed shortly.  I finally got my June Glossy Box…in July!
So here we go….June’s Glossy Box! 

          1)  c. Booth Honey Almond Nourishing Dry Oil Mist– 2 oz. (travel size?)

I was a little skeptical of this but I actually really like it.  At first I thought it was for my hair and I really wasn’t excited.  I probably have 5 different sample vials of hair oil at home that I’ve never used….because my hair is oily. But lo and behold, this is for your skin!  I sprayed it on my arms and rubbed them together.  It’s not really oily feeling and it smells pretty good….and my skin feels super soft!  I think this will be great for the summertime after being in the pool a lot!
Full Size: $8.00 4oz. My Value: $4.00

          2)   Philip B. pH Restorative Detangling Toning Mist– 2 oz. (FULL SIZE)

Man, that’s a mouthful! I had to go to their website to see what this does.  It looks like it seals your cuticles and makes your hair shiny.  It also is a detangler, like mentioned above.  It doesn’t smell very good in the bottle, hopefully it doesn’t smell like that when my hair dries!
Full Size: $10.00 My Value: $10.00

3) SpaRitual Nail Polish - 15 ML (FULL SIZE)

I am very picky about my nail polish, if I do any at all. I tend to really like light colors only on my nails.  This is way too dark.  I probably wouldn’t even wear it on my toes! Not a bad value though, even though I’ve never heard of the brand. I guess it’s all organic and vegan, which some people like.
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

 

     4) tarte Complexion Enhancing Lipstick – .12oz (FULL SIZE)

Well this certainly looks interesting!  I had to go right into the restroom at work to try this one.  I thought the two tones looked very different in the tube and I was skeptical. Well, they look pretty different on my lips too! After I rubbed them together a lot it looked better though.  I’m not sure how much it “enhanced” my complexion, but it looked ok. A little brighter than I normally wear, but not too far out of the box for me J
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

     5) Oscar de la Renta Essential Luxuries – .06 oz each (.36 oz total)

Inside this gorgeous little bag were 6 little perfume samples…all with very odd names.  I could smell them as soon as I opened the box…mixed with the nail polish.  It didn’t smell too great.  Online it says these perfumes were inspired by Oscar’s “most loved people, places and things.”  You should read the descriptions I found, its very interesting haha. I couldn’t find what size these actually were, but normal samples are between .05oz and .07oz, so I went with .06oz for my official value.
Full Size: $150.00 3.4oz  My Value: $15.88





Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $53.88

Like last month, I can’t complain about the value on paper.  But again, I’m not sure if it is worth it to ME.  Would I buy these products in the store?  Probably not. That being said, I’m going to keep getting this box until I earn enough points for a free one J

If you’d like to give it a try…..use my referral link?  Pretty please?  :)
(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things!  I have an awesome one coming up that I really hope you guys will love!)
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic





2 comments:

  1. This does sound a little pricey. A good review, but I'm not sure I'd use it. I will think about it, though.

    Stopping by from the Aloha hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lip stick sounds pretty interesting. I subscribe to Ipsy and it's only $10 / month. I've been pretty happy with it.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...