Saturday, July 20, 2013

Santa Barbara - Part 5

(Don't worry, this is the last one, I promise!)

Thursday was our last full day in Santa Barbara and the day we had planned to make our "beach day."  Too bad the beach looked like this....



That was at a place called Butterfly beach, which is right in front of a fancy hotel that a lot od celebs stay in.  We were told it was a pretty secluded location so we thought we'd try it.  Too bad it was so darn cloudy/foggy that we could barely see 50 yards in front of us!

Thankfully, we pushed on and went to a beach about 10 more miles down the coast.  It cleared up some, so we decided to lay on the beach.

Next up: obligatory beach kissing shot


See?  It's still pretty gray.  Somehow I still ended up with a wicked sunburn.  I had put on sunscreen, but I pretty much half-assed it.  I ended up burnt all along the lines of my bathing suit and my armpits (?) as well as a big ole' patch on my right thigh. Thank fully I never flipped, so I didn't burn any of my back. Don't ever half-ass sunscreen. It's not sexy.


After we cleaned up from the beach, we went to the top of the Santa Barbara Court House Clock Tower.  It's several stories high and you can see the whole city from up there.  Just beautiful.  It's amazing how many red-roofed buildings there were!







We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around leisurely.

After dinner we rented a couple of movies (Side Effects and Oz the Great and Powerful) and got a bottle of wine. I didn't even make it through a third of the first movie (Oz) before I passed out.  Whoops!


Friday morning we decided to head back down to LA and do the touristy thing.  We drove along the coast (the Pacific Coast Highway or the 1...which is my favorite freeway...is it weird to have a favorite freeway?) and we were literally driving in the clouds. It was so cool!


As we got further down the coast it got pretty gray again. Even with all the clouds and fog it was just beautiful!





We stopped at Zuma beach in Malibu (ever wonder where Gwen Stefani's sons name came from?) to walk along the beach.  Everything was going great until we were just about to leave and a huge wave came and pretty much soaked my dress.  I had packed everything else so I was stuck wearing it until we got back to Phoenix! 

I always take this picture when I go to the beach.  It's one of my happy places....where the water and the sand meet.

I'll probably always take this picture when I am with C too.  Our footprints together in the sand.


Next we stopped at the famous Sushi place Nobu for a snack.  C had been talking about sushi for days so I thought it would be fun to stop.  Thankfully we had already had lunch and this was just an afternoon snack because that place was darn pricey!  Beautiful views though.  The pic below is right from our table on the patio.


Next up, the Hollywood sign!  So cheesy and touristy....but C had never seen it!


We drove all the way up into the neighborhood.  This is as close as you can get to it by car.  You can take about an hour hike to get closer, but it was almost 100 degrees. No thanks!



Finally, the Hollywood Walk of Fame!  I had to get a few of my favorites.....

Judy Garland (Wizard of Oz)


Vivien Leigh (Gone With the Wind)


And of course....C!  Haha just gave away his name! I'm still gonna call him C for now though :)


We walked around Universal Studios city walk too.  C was pretending to be forest gump.  He had to take his own shoes all the way off to fit into those fake shoes.  Most normal people just slip their feet in shoes and all!


And I can't not include this gem from out stop at Cabo Wabo for margaritas before we hit the airport!


Oh yeah, we totally got a parking ticket in Hollywood too. So lame.  $68 freakin dollars.

All in all it was an amazing trip and I can't wait to get back to Santa Barbara!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun time!
    Last weekend I did a half-assed job applying the sunscreen and now I'm all splotchy too! I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like an amazing trip! I've always wanted to visit Cali...and see the Hollywood sign. I'm so obsessed with beaches. Oh how these photos are making me so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. even when its gray the beach is so pretty! i've never been anywhere outside of San Diego & Anaheim to go to Disney.
    I'm glad you had so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...