Saturday, February 28, 2015

Week 27



What's Going on in There?
I can’t believe we are at 27 weeks already!  I feel like it was just yesterday that we found out and now we are on the brink of the third trimester. Little dude is as big as a cucumber this week, over 15 inches long and 2.2 pounds! This week his brain is showing lots of activity as he is really starting to be able to use it to control his body.  He is also gaining some muscle from all of that movement.  Hopefully he will have big strong muscles like his daddy.

Maternity Clothes? 
Always.  Though, this weekend may be a different story!  C and I are going to Maryland to visit his family for several days, so I am scouring everything I own to see what I have that will be warm enough AND cover the bump!  My jackets definitely don’t fully button, but hopefully I can make do!
Weight? 
Womp.  I have hit the 20 pound mark. Eek.
Stretch Marks? 
None

Movement? 
Little guy loves to roll around and move.  I feel him sooooo much during my work day while I am sitting at my desk.  I’m thankful they aren’t punches that take my breath away….at least yet.
Food Cravings? 
I’ve been really big into vanilla steamers at Starbucks lately.  It’s basically a big ole glass of warm milk with vanilla flavoring.  Maybe my body needs more calcium?
Anything Making you Queasy or Sick? 
Nope!

What I Miss? 
Being able to take meds.  I had TERRIBLE allergies this weekend and I was so miserable.  I knew there wasn’t much I could take and my doctor’s office wasn’t open so I just suffered through it.  I wish I could have just taken some meds and gotten better quicker!
Nausea/Vomiting?  
Nope
Symptoms? 
I finally figured out I have been having Braxton hicks contractions every once in a while.  I seriously thought it was just my belly tightening when Noah rolled.  But, a lot of times I also get tightening in my chest where it’s hard to breath and a bit dizzy.  I put two and two together and realized it was BH! Looks like the acid reflux is here to stay (especially in the evenings) and my body is starting to get sore if I don’t get up and walk every once in a while at work.
Labor Signs? 
Nope
Gender? 
Little man!
Belly Button In or Out?
Out. My belly button sticks out. So weird!
Wedding Rings On or Off? 
On, but getting tight by the end of the day.
Sleep?
This week has been pretty tough due to allergies.  I fall asleep fine, but I wake up in the middle of the night because I can’t breathe.  Then I lay there for what seems like for-ev-er. I’ve been waking up earlier than my alarm too on some days, which is really odd for me!
 What I'm Looking Forward To? 

Is it weird that I am looking forward to coming back home from Maryland next week?  I just know I am going to have a tough time in that cold weather….I’m so scared! Also looking forward to getting C’s schedule for training camp (which starts March 4th) so we can schedule our 3D Ultrasound to see little man!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I had bad acid reflux too... Tums were my best friend. They say heartburn = a baby with a head of hair, and that definitely was true for us!

    I was constantly having to get up and walk around too when I was at work. I would just get so uncomfortable slouched over in a chair all day!

    Only 13 weeks to go... you're getting close!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...