Friday, October 3, 2014

Lip Factory Review - September

It’s time for a Lip Factory review!

To me, this box is like Ispy, but with more full sized products. 5-7 full sized products to be exact! If you have the money ($22), this is a good one to spring for! They aim for a “full face” of makeup, but their main focus is…lips of course!   This box comes a little later in the month too which I like because it really spaces out the awesome mail that I get!

Sometimes this box has a theme and sometimes it doesn’t. This month the theme is “Autumn Arrives.” I have to say maybe only one of the products feels Autumn-like to me.
So here it is….the September Lip Factory box!  

           1)     girlactik Pout shine in “Pretty” – .42 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I am really bummed about the color of this.  Its just way too light pink for me, I think I would look really weird wearing it.  The price is kinda crazy too, I rather purchase something similar from a well known brand like MAC!
Full Size: $19.00  My Value: $19.00

           2)    J.Cat Jar Eye Liner in “Jet Black” – .09 oz. (FULL SIZE)
J. Cat seems to be lagging behind everyone on its various products. I’ve seen this type of liner before, now a year later J. Cat comes out with the cheap version of it. The brush included is thoughtful if its your first time purchasing it, but if you buy it multiple times it seems like a waste of money.
Full Size: $5.99 My Value: $5.99

           3)    OFRA Lip Gloss in “Orchid” – 8 g. (FULL SIZE)
I feel like I have gotten this exact gloss before, but looking back I guess I was wrong.  Either way its too shiny for me.  I love the underlying color, but I just don’t look good with that much sparkle on my lips!
Full Size: $12.95 My Value: $12.95

            4)    Model Co. Eyeshadow Trio in “Naturally Neutral” – .08 oz. (FULL SIZE)
             I don’t really find anything too exciting about this, but I don’t hate it either.  I guess 
             it is because the colors are nothing new.  I have way too many “neutral” brown 
             shadows. Either way, this would probably be a nice travel set.
Full Size: $26.00 My Value: $26.00

5)  None? Angle Eyeliner Brush – (FULL SIZE)
I find it very odd that there isn’t a brand listed on this brush or even on the insert that provides more detail about each of the products included.  I highly doubt that this brandless brush is worth $9.50!  I already have a favorite angle brush for my liners though so I won’t be using this. Plus, the liner that came in the box already comes with a brush, why would I need two?!
Full Size: $9.50 My Value: $9.50

Final Cost: $22.00
Final Value: $73.44

I’m pretty neutral on this box, maybe leaning towards a little let down.  First of all, I feel like “autumn” means browns and corals and such….not pinks. I’m hoping I can get use out of the gloss (maybe over another color) as well as the shadow and liner.   I know I won’t be using the Pout shine or the brush!

What do you think?

If you’d like to sign up…..use my referral number? Pretty please?  It’s 385223.

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...