Friday, October 17, 2014

Boxy Charm Review - September

Boxy Charm time!

This box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 

The theme is “Fashion Week Fabulous” which I guess go with these items.

Here is the September Boxy Charm! 

           1)      tarte LipSurgence Lip Gloss in “Exposed”   .27 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I had really high hopes for this but….it is soooo sticky!  I really hate sticky lipglosses.  It 
            makes me sad though because the color was fantastic and it’s a really great brand. It also has 
            a bit of a weird smell to it, which I find odd.
Full Size: $19.00 My Value: $19.00

           2)      Coastal Scents Go Palette in “Beijing” – .28 oz.  (FULL SIZE)
By now you should know my love for Coastal Scents palettes, so this is quite awesome!  The colors are really beautiful and the packaging is perfect for traveling.  My only complaint?  There isn’t a single light or highlighting color in the bunch, which means I have to break out another shadow for that purpose.  Makes it less useful for traveling.
Full Size: $12.95 My Value: $12.95

3)   NCLA Nail Lacquer in “Catwalk Queen” – .5 oz.  (FULL SIZE)
I’m not much of a nail polish girl as you know, but this one isn’t bad.  I could definitely rock a neutral color like this.
Full Size: $16.00 My Value: $16.00

4)   Tarina Tarantino Fleur de Lash Mascara  – .47 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I seriously have a huge stockpile of unopened mascara, I don’t think I’ll run out for years!  I love that this is full size too, if I end up loving it, it will last me a long time!
Full Size: $19.99 My Value: $19.99

5)   Harvey Prince Rollerball Perfume in “Hello” – 10 mL (FULL SIZE)
I love getting larger sized roller ball perfumes like this.  It is great for traveling which makes me happy.  The smell is decent.  Not my favorite, but I don’t hate it either!  I certainly would never pay that much for such a small amount of perfume though.
Full Size: $29.00 My Value: $29.00

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $96.94

Usually I feel like the value of this box is really inflated because of the high price of all of the items, but I think this month most of them are a little more realistic. Yes, some are still outrageous (I’d never pay $16 for out bottle of nail polish, but that’s just me), but others are spot on.  $12.95 for the whole eye shadow palette? That’s a great price!

I am happy with my box this month. Even though I didn’t like some of the products for personal reasons (sticky lipgloss anyone) I think they all really match me and what I love about makeup.

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...