Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ipsy Bag Review - January


It’s Ipsy time!

I always love getting this bag in the mail! This is the best bag out there, especially for such a low price.  If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first.
As you know this box is $10 a month….how can you not go for it? 

Without further ado….the January Ipsy bag!  

First off all….I kind of hate the actual bag the products came in.  They have been so cute in the past, but this does nothing for me. It stinks too for some reason. Boo. Also, the “19 Reasons” theme (meaning they are pairing with 19 new beauty companies this year) is pretty boring. How is that a theme? 

          1)    Rodan & Fields Mark Fading Pads- 4 pads
I am really excited about these!  I had pretty bad acne in high school and have a lot of scars. If they work, you better believe I will be buying them!
Full Size: $24.95 for 5 pads My Value: $19.96

          2)    epice Purifying Exfoliant – 1 oz.
I love trying new face washes and masks. This seems to be a little bit of both!  It doesn’t smell very good, but it doesn’t necessarily smell bad either.
Full Size: $32.00 for 3.3 oz. My Value: $9.69

          3)    Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave in Conditioner – 1.7 oz.
            Can’t turn down a leave in conditioner!  I really like this brand, as it seems to be     
            really healthy for your hair.  I’m excited to try this. It smells Ah-mah-zing which is                   a big plus!
Full Size: $17.95 8.5 oz. My Value: $3.59

4)   Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Pearl – .02 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I am very intrigued by this! Is it a pencil…..or is it eye shadow?  Maybe you can use it as both?  I got a pearly color, which is just beautiful.  You all know my aversion to eye pencils, but I am hoping I can make this work.  Maybe just in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten them?
Full Size: $14.99  My Value: $14.99

5)  Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in Natural –2.5 g
Eek! I am really excited about this!  The color is just gorgeous!  I love tinted lip balms, so this will be great.  The only problem with it to me is the container it is in.  I hate having to use my finger for lip products, it’s so messy! If you purchase a brand new one, it looks like the container comes with a brush, but I rather have the smaller version!
Full Size: $30.00 4 g (also includes brush) My Value: $18.75


Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $66.98

What a great value!

When I look at the items in the bag, they seem kinda boring to me beauty wise. But…..they really are all pretty awesome. I will use every one of them items for sure.  Yes, most of them may not be makeup (my favorite) but they are useful beauty products every woman needs to have around. Not to mention they are brands and items I haven’t tried, which is the point of getting this subscription!

That doesn’t mean I’m still not madly in love with Ipsy though! I still think it’s the best thing out there as far as beauty boxes. 

If you’d like to give it a try…..use my referral link?  Pretty please?  :)

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



1 comment:

  1. Let me know about the mark fading pads. I have the same issue with post-acne scarring and redness. Maybe those will help!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...