Friday, August 7, 2015

Ipsy Review - July

Ipsy review time once again! I feel like I have done so many of these recently, but I am just trying to catch up and get back to blogging....sorry!

As I have pointed out before this is my favorite beauty bag!  This is the best bag out there for the cost, so if you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first. $10 for everything including shipping?  You can’t really beat that!

July's theme was "Summer Lovin" which again makes sense!  The bag was a multicolored zig zag type pattern.  Nothing exciting in my book.

So here it is…the July Ipsy bag! 
 
   1)     Be a Bombshell Lip Balm in "French Kiss" – .16 oz. (FULL SIZE)
           I have to say, I am starting to get sick of seeing this brand in my beauty bags.  Does this type
           of marketing actually work for them? I have a makeup cabinet full of their products, I have no
           need to go buy any more from them!  As for this lip balm its pretty lackluster.  It has a color in
           the tube, but not when you put it on.  Oh well, it will be a nice bed side table lip moisturizer at
           least!
           Full Size: $14.00 My Value: $14.00

          2)    pur~lisse Ultra Skin Brightening Serum - .34 oz.
            I actually use the moisturizers I've received in various beauty boxes from this brand, so I am
            curious to try this. Honestly though, I am not completely sure what it does?  Is it more for
            people that don't wear foundation?  I feel like if it "brightens" my skin and then I put makeup
            over it....what is the point?
Full Size: $76.00 for 1 oz. My Value: $25.84

           3)    jelly pong pong 2-in-1 Eyeliner & Shadow in "Bronze"  – .01 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I'm not overly thrilled by this, but I also don't hate it. I am not a big cream shadow person <---
            same thing I wrote last month.  The cream shadow was almost the same color too.  Bummer. 
            I haven't tried it yet, but I really can't get past the product name.  I honestly can't take it
            seriously!
Full Size: $16.00 My Value: $16.00

4)  Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish in "4 Fire Alarm" – .42 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I am honestly not a nail polish person, especially in this color, but something about this intrigues me. I am really curious if the "gel effect" is actually true!  I think I will be trying this soon!
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

       5)  Jor'el Parker Perfume in "Classico"  – .3 oz. (FULLSIZE)
Honestly I assumed I wasn't going to like this before I even took a whiff....but I was wrong! It is pretty darn floral, but there is something I like about it. It's a pretty good size too, I will get a lot of use out of it!
Full Size: $21.00 My Value: $21.00

Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $46.91
I'm pretty happy with this bag!  There are several items I will try and the value is pretty fantastic!  I a pretty bummed about the lip crayon though. The only thing I don't see myself using is the Eyeliner Shadow crayon. Good job Ipsy!
 
What are your thoughts?
If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!
 
(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. That nail colour looks awesome. Id love to try the gel effect polish.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...