Friday, August 14, 2015

Boxy Charm Review - July

Boxy Charm review time again!

If you aren't aware yet, this box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 
 
The theme for July was  “Summertime Radness." I was expecting bright colors and beachy type items maybe, but alas the box really doesn't match the theme in my opinion.

Here is the July Boxy Charm!  
 
 
 
            1)      MDMflow Greater Than Mascara in "XXL Black" – .2 oz. (FULL SIZE)
             I can't really say this is any different than any other mascara in my opinion, but hey, I'll take
             it.  I always like trying new mascaras. The description says that they are introducing it to the
             US this month, which is interesting. It is "the most intense, highly pigmented volumizing
             mascara with an easy off formation." The tube is really pretty too, it looks like a gold bullet!
Full Size: $35.00 My Value: $35.00

     2)      Vasanti Professional Blush Brush  - (FULL SIZE)
Meh, another blush brush in a beauty box.  Unfortunately I'm not impressed. I wish the box came with blush too, that seems like a given to me!
Full Size: $29.00 My Value: $29.00

3)   yourMinerals Transparent Veil Setting Powder in "Medium" – .5 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I'm actually really happy about this.  I use transparent powder every day to set my makeup....and I am running out! Perfect timing. I am happy with the $3 brand I use though, I can't see myself every paying $26 for the same thing!
Full Size: $26.00 My Value: $26.00
 
 
4)   gorge I'll Make You Look Amazing Daily Spray  – 4 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This stuff definitely is intriguing!  I can't wait to try it. Among its many uses are: repairs damaged hair, detangles like no other, prevents split ends, creates amazing silkiness, helps with flat irons and enhances natural body.  That's only 6 of the 10 things listed touting how awesome it is! My only problem with this is the price. I can't imagine this small 4 oz bottle lasts very long, especially using it daily. $30 is a lot to pay pretty often for hair care!
Full Size: $29.95 My Value: $29.95

5)   OFRA Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil  – .04 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This is disappointing to me because just a month ago I received a brow powder. Where is the variety Boxy Charm? Also, in my opinion this is pretty dark. I can't imagine it being universal!
Full Size: $13.00 My Value: $13.00

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $132.95

Wow Boxy Charm, what an amazing value! I am happy with the items that I will get use out of (the setting powder and mascara) because I suspect I won't be just trying them, they will be an every day use.  I can't wait to try the daily hair spray either.  I could do without the blush brush and the eyebrow pencil, but hey, can't win them all. Pretty good stuff Boxy Charm!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I’m not a review only blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...