Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Starbox Review - April

Starbox time!  

I have been on the verge of stopping this box honestly, but I kind of loved this months box! Paired together with last months awesome quarterly gift of $35 to their store....I think I will stick with it!

If you don’t remember, Starbox is a monthly beauty box that is $15 a month (plus a few dollars S&H) and comes with 3-4 FULL SIZED products each time.  No tiny lotion samples!
The website says the makeup line is comparable to MAC, Chanel, Sephora and other department store lines.  It also says that the value of each monthly box ranges from $35.00 to $99.00.

I have been on the verge of stopping this box honestly, but I kind of loved what I got this month!  The box definitely had a spring feel, which I loved.

Here it is….the April Starbox!  

      1)     Starlooks Lipgloss in “Climax”– .14 oz  (FULL SIZE)
This gloss is absolutely beautiful!  I love the color of it and it’s not too terribly sticky, which is great.  Can we talk about the name though?  Holy inappropriate!  It makes me feel awkward just using it!
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

      2)    Starlooks 5 Shade Shadow Palette in “Tokoyo”– .38 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I love this palette! I wish the two colors on the end were more pink because I am not 
            sure they will work with my skin tone, but I love the greens.  Very spring like J
           Full Size: $41.00 My Value: $41.00

      3)    Starlooks Garden Seeds “Wildflower Mix” – (FULL SIZE)
           Haha well this is cute.  It’s a customized seed packet to grow your own flowers.  
           don’t have a green thumb, so I won’t be planting these, but I am sure I can find 
           someone who would enjoy this! It definitely adds to the spring theme, such a great 
           idea! (I have no idea on the pricing…..so I just called it $1.00)
          Full Size: $1.00 My Value: $1.00

Final Cost: $17.58
Final Value: $53.00

I really liked this month’s box.  Honestly, I’d have to say this was one of my favorites since I started getting this subscription.  I wish they would have included one more, smaller, item though.  Two things just doesn’t seem like enough, even though the eye shadow palette has a higher value. Maybe I am just being selfish?

What do you think?

If you’d like to try Starbox you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I agree...you really only got two things, that doesn't seem like enough for a subscription box. And the seeds? Cute and fit the theme....but we have something similar for work and I think it costs us 3 or 5 cents a package. Also, they couldn't have come up with a better name for the lipgloss???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...