Monday, September 30, 2013

Giving Back

It’s football Monday!!

Today I thought I’d talk about one of the awesome parts of C’s job…which is all of the charity events he gets to take part of and the appearances he gets to do.

On the charity side, once or twice a week he gets to go hang out at the Boys and Girls Club, visit sick children at the Ronald McDonald House or the Phoenix Children’s Hospital or some other equally rewarding thing. I don’t usually get to go to these events because they are during the day, but it is so awesome to see the pictures of the smiles on these precious children when he is hanging out with them.

It really takes a special person to be able to go into these facilities.  I ‘m going to be honest, I don’t know if I would be able to visit children in hospice.  But C is so wonderful at it.  He was born to be strong for these kids and help put a smile on their face. *Gushy moment warning*…. it totally makes me fall more in love with him when I see him do these events.


Not a great pic....but this was a pizza eating contest!
Some of the charity events that I get to take part in with him are a lot of the fundraising races in the fall and spring.  Last year we went to the Hope Kids Race and got to stand at the finish line and pass out medals to everyone that completed the race (including the kids in their strollers, wagons or wheel chairs).  It was awesome to see how proud these children were once they crossed the finish line!
At the Hope Kids Race


Along with charity events, he also gets to do some other cool appearances!  He’s done events for all of the local sports teams (Arizona Cardinals - NFL, Arizona Diamondbacks – MLB, Phoenix Suns – NBA and Phoenix Mercury – WNBA). Luckily, I’ve gotten to join him at most of those!  He also has done things like the Waste Management Open (a big golf tourney here) and several radio shows.  It’s really a lot of fun!
Mascot for the Phoenix Mercury - big hugs!

Yeah this really happened (at the WM Open...lots of drunk people!)
Overall though, it’s really great to have the opportunity to spend time doing the things you love and for C that is definitely working with children! He just loves it J I’m not going to lie, sometimes I am jealous of this part of his job! I wish I could spend more time doing the charitable work!
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic







1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...