Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My First Snail Mail Collective - Reveal

I have seen several posts about the snail mail collective over the past few months and I thought that it would be really fun to take part in it this month.

The snail mail collective is where you are paired with another blogger in another country!  You have time to get to know them and then get to send them a little gift ($5 or so) as well as a little note….snail mail style!

For my first time, I was paired with Caley over at Ellie Love.  You guys, she is from South Africa!  How cool is that!  It’s obviously totally different than Arizona, which is really cool. Caley is super pretty and has the cutest little family. I was so happy to be paired with her.

Due to an email glitch we weren’t really able to spend a lot of time getting to know each other which really bums me out, but I hope we will stay friends so that can happen in the future. I am sure we will :)

This month’s theme was “Under the Sea” which, let me tell you, is difficult when you live in Arizona.  There is no “sea” to be found here….or really many bodies of water at all!  I decided to send her a few things that represented Arizona and a few things that were fishy and nautical themed.  If you want to see what I sent her, you can check out her blog!

When her package arrived I was so excited! I’m not sure I’ve ever received ANY mail from another country, so this was great.  Even the stamps were cool.  


The package inside the mailer was nicely wrapped and there was an awesome photo of a lighthouse on the post card. Turns out she lives just a couple of minutes away from there. Can you say jealous?  Just beautiful.  Now I definitely want to visit South Africa someday!


Inside the package I found….a Chocolate Bar made in South Africa, a magnet that says South Africa….and a bikini! Um, how amazing is that?!? Caley has a friend that just started a bikini line there and she was able to snag one just for me!  It has a super fun bright print on it and I can’t wait to wear it!

So as you can see, I was definitely spoiled! I am so glad I got the “meet” Caley.

As much fun as I had with this, I am not sure how often I will participate.  Sending a package that far was quite pricey.  Hopefully I will be able to take part every few months though!

 Image and video hosting by TinyPic



7 comments:

  1. I love your goodies!!! I did the snail mail collective and it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Looks like you had fun with this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute and fun idea! You got some great items. I'm going to have to check this out

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you love them! Holding thumbs the postman knocks on my door soon - our unreliable postal service in SA!!
    Thanks again partner x

    ReplyDelete
  5. how awesome, I don't think I have ever heard of this snail mail collective. I definitely agree that you got spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caley is just a sweetie isn't she! Great treats from South Africa!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...