Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Lip Factory Review - November

It’s time for a Lip Factory review!

Lip Factory is a monthly beauty box that is $22 a month (S&H included) and comes with 5-7 products each time.  The box aims to give you a “full face” of makeup, but its main focus is on…lips of course!  

Before I start the review though, I do want to let you know that I cancelled this box.  Since we are saving for a little person now, I decided to pare down my beauty boxes.  I cancelled this one just in time too, I guess they have a lot of issues in November and as a company decided to close down.  I guess if they receive more funding, they may continue, but as of now they are done for. 

So here it is….the November Lip Factory box!  

           1)     Supercute Lip Gloss in “Love” – .4 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I wish this color were just a bit darker or rosier, I might be able to use it.  Watermelon pink is just not my color though!
Full Size: $14.00 My Value: $14.00

           2)    Ulta Matte Lip Crayon in “Hazy Pink”–.09 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Well this is something I find very interesting.  This is the first time I’ve seen a product from a big box store in a beauty box like this. I have a few of these from Clinique that I really like, so I was curious as to how this would compare.  Unfortunately, it felt pretty dry which was a bummer to me.  The color was just a little too bright too.
Full Size: $4.00 My Value: $4.00

          3)    J.Cat Twist & Kiss Hydrating Lip Balm “Love Kiss” – .14 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Well if I didn’t like the last two colors, I clear won’t like this!  This is was too bright for me. It doesn’t seem much different from the Ulta brand, except for the name and color. Two of basically the same product? Boring.
Full Size: $4.99 My Value: $4.99

           4)    Bellapierre Lipstick in Couture – .123 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Finally a lip product that’s not so bright!  Oh wait, this is on the other end of the 
spectrum. Way too dark! Ugh. I had hope because of the color shown on the outside 
of the box, but the actually lipstick color won’t work for me. I’m not the goth type.
Full Size: $19.99 My Value: $19.99

5)  Mirabella Velvet Lip Pencil in “Red Velvet” – .081 oz. (FULL SIZE)
A bright red lip product! My favorite! Not.
Full Size: $23.00 My Value: $23.00

Final Cost: $22.00
Final Value: $65.98

As you can tell from above, I was not thrilled with this box at all.  I am really glad I made the decision to cancel it, even though they did end up shutting down production.  This box may be great for others, but 5 lipsticks in colors I really don’t like is definitely not worth it to me!

What do you think?

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you canceled it. I have had a love hate relationship with my box subscriptions for a while and I am thinking of cancelling ipsy! Any you recommend?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...