Saturday, December 13, 2014

Week 16


What's Going on in There?
Baby is the size of a dill pickle (4.5 inches and 3.5 ounces) and is starting to recognize sounds and voices. Hair, toenail and tastebud growth is also happening!

Maternity Clothes? 
Um yeah totally.  I can still wear some of my regular tops and dresses, but bottoms have been maternity all the way!  Soooo much more comfortable.   I have been searching for the perfect dress pants though and I am really having a tough time with that.
Weight? 
As of my doctor’s appointment on Monday, I was only up 2 pounds.  I think that number may have grown this week though. Wah wah.
Stretch Marks? 
Please no. I have been only putting cocoa butter lotion on a few days a week, I really need to get better at it.  I was never one to wear lotion before, it’s tough to get into that habit.

Movement? 
I think I may have felt something small last week (two teeny tiny bubbles popping) but nothing really this week. Hopefully soon!
Food Cravings? 
Nothing any different than before, just chocolate milk and tomato soup (but not together). I am still waiting for the point where food actually sounds really good to me.  I’m still struggling on wanting to eat anything at all, nothing ever sounds good.
Anything Making you Queasy or Sick? 
Not really thankfully.  The only weird thing is I sometimes gag when I brush my teeth!

What I Miss? 
Gorgonzola cheese, Redd’s apple ale and sleeping through the night without having to get up to pee!
Nausea/Vomiting?  
Nothing of the sort.  Not once during pregnancy so far….yay!
Symptoms? 
I’d say I am still pretty darn exhausted (though not as bad in the beginning, but still not normal). Also, I am feeling the round ligament pain people speak of, it hurts really bad if I move too quickly.  Also, if I stand up too fast (or stand for a long time) I get really light headed. 
Labor Signs? 
No.
Gender? 
We know, but we aren’t ready to announce yet since we just announced baby!
Belly Button In or Out?
Let's hope it stays in for a while. :)
Wedding Rings On or Off? 
On for now, have noticed a tiny bit of swelling on some days, but not too bad.
Sleep?
I wish I was able to take naps, but my work schedule just doesn’t allow it.  I am usually asleep by 9 or 10 each night, but I wish it were earlier!  Good news is I have gone 2 nights without having to get up to pee!  You guys have no clue how amazing that feels!
 What I'm Looking Forward To? 

Our gender and anatomy ultrasound in a few weeks! We bought an at home fetal Doppler which is such a fantastic purchase.  I look forward to going home every night and listening to our little marshmallows heart beat!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic! I've had round ligament pain a lot. I actually was sent to the hospital a couple of months ago for pain which turned out just to be the round ligament pain... so that was scary! If it gets worse and you end up with back pain, I would highly recommend a maternity belt for back support. It's been awesome for me to use at work! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...