Friday, November 20, 2015

Boxy Charm Review - October

Boxy Charm time!

The last few boxes I got were pretty much amazing….can this month keep up?

Boxy Charm is $21.00 a month with shipping included and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like.

The theme this month is “Faces of the Moon” which has a dark feel to it.  I guess that makes sense with the Fall/Halloween stuff going on this month.

Here is the October Boxy Charm!
1)  Palmetto Derma Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask  – 1.75 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Wow…this is another one of those products that must work crazy miracles based solely on the price.  This container is so small….I would NEVER pay that much for a mask! I rather go get a full on facial complete with a hand and foot massage!
Full Size: $64.00 My Value: $64.00

2)  Doucce Punk Volumizer Mascara in “Black”  - 13.5 mL (FULL SIZE)
I can’t imagine this mascara is much different from any other mascara I have tried but hey, maybe I will be surprised.  Either way, I am always like trying new brands and this is for sure one I have never heard of!
Full Size: $24.00 My Value: $24.00

3)   Bellapierre Cheek and Lip Stain in “Coral” – .176oz.  (FULL SIZE)
I am getting tired of getting items from this brand.  I feel like it has popped up many times in both my Ipsy and Boxy Charm mailings….as well as other beauty boxes I used to get.  The brand must get a lot of business from the boxes though?  I’m not really wowed by the brand, so I this doesn’t thrill me.  Their lip products are too drying for me and I feel like this is too greasy to put on my face as a cheek stain.
Full Size: $19.99 My Value: $19.99

4)   Lord & Berry Line/Shade Eyeliner in “Dark Black” – .03 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I am excited to try this.  I have been testing different eyeliners since I finally learned how to use them. I have only found 2 brands I really like though, because they have to be really soft or “gel” like for me to use them.  Fingers crossed this one is soft!
Full Size: $18.00 My Value: $18.00

5)   Cult Cosmetics Nail Polish in “Boneyards” – .5 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Welp this is way too dark for me if I were to even use nail polish.  That’s all I can say about that.
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $137.99

Well after two fantastic months from Boxy Charm I have to say I am slightly disappointed, though not much.  There aren’t any products that I love and am really excited about, but I still think I will get use out of everything but the nail polish. As always, the value is fantastic, but I think it’s a bit high because the price of some of the products is ridiculous in my eyes.

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I’m not a review only blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...