Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Ipsy Review - September

Ipsy time!


This is one of my favorite times of the month….I love getting this bag in the mail! For the cost, $10 including shipping , it is such a great deal. If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would try Ipsy first. You can’t really beat that! Getting makeup in the mail is just so fun!

The theme of this month’s bag is “Face Fashion.” First, I love, love, love the makeup bag (think I could use it as a purse?). The items actually do feel fasion-ish.  The dark polish, nude lips, flat iron balm…they all scream fall runway to me!


So here it is…the September Ipsy bag!  




          1)     Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Brazilian Smooth Flatiron Express  – 5.1 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            While I am not a huge fan of Garnier products (they usually leaves my hair a bit oily) I am 
            really excited to try this.  I flat iron my hair a few times a week so this seems perfect for me.  
            I have naturally wavy hair, so even if I blow dry it straight, I have to use a straightener too.   
            This product is for “difficult to straighten hair” and is a leave-in balm that “reduces flatiron 
            time for a long-lasting, silky straight, 450 degree heat protection.”  Sounds awesome!
Full Size: $5.99 My Value: $5.99


           2)    Formula X Nail Color in “Ignite” – .13 oz.
            This color is super dark red, so unfortunately it’s not for me.  It is a perfect travel size polish 
            though, if you happened to like the color!
Full Size: $10.50 for .4 oz. My Value: $3.41


            3)    treStique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in “Nantucket Nude”  – .02 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I received an eyeshadow crayon from this brand in a past beauty box and oddly enough….it 
            looks exactly the same!  If the colors were similar, I would have a very hard time knowing 
            which to put on my eyes and which to put on my lips! I like the size of this, its fits into your 
            pocket easily.  The color I am not so sure of, but I am willing to give it a try!
Full Size: $32.00 for 3 My Value: $10.66


4)  Glam Glow Flashmud Brightening Treatment – .5 oz.
I enjoy trying samples of Glam Glow products and this will be no different.  I don’t however foresee myself ever buying anything from their brand. They are WAY too expensive for me! I don’t really see myself as a brightening treatment needing person either but hey, sometimes it’s fun to pamper your skin!
Full Size: $69.00 for 1.7 oz. My Value: $20.29


       5)  NYX Eye Shadow Trio – .035 oz. each (FULL SIZE)
Though I love me some eye shadows, these 3 just aren’t going to work for me. They are WAY too dark! I think the lightest one is about as dark as I usually go (or maybe the 1st two colors mixed). Bummer.  Also, this palette is actually called Ipsy NYX. I am assuming NYX made this palette especially for Ipsy?
Full Size: $6.00 My Value: $6.00


Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $46.35


I am lukewarm about my bag this month.  I love the straightening balm, but as for the other products I am not sure how much use I will get out of them. The nail polish and eyeshadow are definitely busts for me. This month I went in an updated my style quiz results…hopefully that will result in some better products in the coming months!


What are your thoughts?


If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!


(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...