Friday, September 4, 2015

Boxy Charm Review - August

Boxy Charm time!

This box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 

The theme this month is “Gorgeous Globetrotter.”  I was expecting more exotic type items, but these are pretty tradition. I don’t care though, because I’m very happy with what I received!

Here is the August Boxy Charm!  

           1)      Mica Beauty Gel Eyeliner in “Black” – .1 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            I used to only use gel eyeliners, but have moved on to pencils.  Since I have some gel liner 
            back in my beauty cabinet, I may have to switch back for a while!  I really do love gel liners 
            and this one seems great. I would never, ever pay this price though. I think the one from 
            MAC, which is my favorite, is around $18-$20!
Full Size: $35.00 My Value: $35.00

           2)      Seta Eyeliner Brush  - (FULL SIZE)
I prefer a thin slanted gel liner brush, but it’s been a long time since I’ve given one like this a try.  Maybe I will like it better now!
Full Size: $16.00 My Value: $16.00

3)   Nios Shield Leave-In Conditioner – 4 oz.  (FULL SIZE)
The thing I find quite interesting about this is that it is a leave-in conditioner with sunscreen in it. I’m not sure I have ever seen that before.  I don’t use leave in conditioners very often (heck, I don’t even wash my hair that often!) but I will make it a point to try this when I know I may be outdoors for a while! Also, I can’t see this product lasting very long, so for the cost of this small bottle, I think this would be too high priced for me!
Full Size: $26.00 My Value: $26.00

4)   So Susan Statement Skin Highlighting Crayon – .06 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I’m not really one to use highlighters, but maybe that’s because I am not totally sure how to use them.  The instructions on this say “Glide across your forehead, down the center of your nose and on your chin, and blend. Brighten the eye area by blending onto your brow bones and inner corners of the eye, or mix with foundation to achieve that youthful dewy glow.” I am going to have to try this! I can say though, if I am using that much of this product at a time, I can’t see it last very long. The price seems pretty high when you think of it that way.
Full Size: $20.00 My Value: $20.00

5)   Coastal Scents Revealed 3 Palette  – (FULL SIZE)
Well it was only a couple months ago that I received the Revealed 2 palette from Boxy Charm, but that is not a complaint! I am quite excited about this.  I do think though, that this palette is darker than the previous one.  I don’t get much use out of really dark shadows, so I may not use this as much as the Revealed 2 palette. Still the colors are pretty.  I love Coastal Scents. They have great pigmentation, especially for a “cheap” brand.  Though, I wouldn’t necessarily call them cheap any more.  Their prices have gone up over the past few years.
Full Size: $39.95 My Value: $39.95

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $136.95

BoxyCharm hit it out of the park again for me this month!  I will be using almost every product in this box and I can see some of the items (Palette, Gel Liner and Brush) becoming daily items for me!  I am so happy about the palette and that is double the cost of the box alone. Check out that value too.... it's worth over 6 times what I paid! Great job Boxy Charm!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I’m not a review only blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...