Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Boxy Charm Review - December


Boxy Charm time!

After deciding to cut back on some of my beauty boxes last month, Boxy Charm was one of the boxes that made the cut.  You just can’t beat the value on this one.

The box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 

The theme this month is “Jingle Belles” which is adorable sounding, but has nothing to really do with the products included.

Here is the December Boxy Charm!

1)      Coastal Scents Revealed Eyeshadow Palette   .3 oz. (FULL SIZE)
I’m not gonna lie here, I am really excited about this one!  I love coastal scents shadows and 
this seems to be a lot like the “Naked” palettes from Urban Decay. I will say though, with a 
price that high, I’d rather go with the real thing! My only complaint on the palette is that I 
wish there were just a few more highlighting or lighter colors.  That’s just personal  
preference though!
Full Size: $39.95 My Value: $39.95

2)      Lina Lashes Luxury Mink Lashes – (FULL SIZE)
These lashes are kind of take it or leave it for me.  I could go either way. I do know though, that I would NEVER pay full price for these.  Are they nuts?  The cheap drug store brands (at $4 a pop) work just fine for me!
Full Size: $30.00 My Value: $30.00

3)   Mistura Beauty Solutions Retractable Beauty Brush – (FULL SIZE)
I guess this is kind of cool, but I really have no use for it.  I’m not much of a brush person and the brushes I do use already are just fine for me!  The only thing that seems different is you can push it all the way out for a fan type brush and then retract it somewhat for a tighter blending brush.
Full Size: $19.99 My Value: $19.99

4)   Be A Bombshell Lipstick in “Hollywood” – 3.8g (FULL SIZE)
I’m sure by now you know my thoughts on bright red lipstick.  Ugh.  Why do I get so many of these?!?
Full Size: $14.00 My Value: $14.00

5)   Eva NYC Hold Me Tight Hairspray – 1.5 oz.
Eh, its hairspray.  I’m the type that things pretty much all hairsprays are the same!  But thanks Boxy Charm for the nice travel sized container, I am always in search of those!
Full Size: $24.00 for 10 oz. My Value: $3.60

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $107.54

This box continues to have an amazing value! I know I will definitely be using the Coastal Scents palette, so that alone makes this month’s box completely worth it.  I’ll also for sure get use from the lashes and the hair spray.  The brush and lipstick will probably be passed on to a friend.  Either way, I more than got my money’s worth this month!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...