Friday, July 18, 2014

Ipsy Review - July

Ipsy time!

As always, this is one of my favorite times of the month….I love getting this bag in the mail! As I’ve always said, this is the best bag out there, especially for such a low price.  If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first.

Also, it’s only $10 a month….how can you not go for it? 

The theme of this month’s bag is “Sensationally Sunkissed.”  

So here it is….the July Ipsy bag!  

            1)     Lord and Berry Mini Kohl Eyeliner in “Black Silk” - .02 oz.
            This just angers me.  Most people throw away their eyeliner when it gets to about this size 
            because it’s just too hard to work with.  How is this any benefit to me? Also, I can’t find any 
            real details on the product online except for things in England.  I am completely guessing on 
            the value here, but it can’t be much with how tiny it is!
Full Size: $20.00 My Value: $3.00 (estimate)

            2)    Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil – 1 oz.
             I guess this is ok.  I am not one to really sit outside and tan, but this is helpful to have when 
             I do!  I can’t vouch for how well it works though….
 Full Size: $11.99 for 8 oz. My Value: $1.49

            3)    Models Own Nail Polish in “Red Sea” – .47 oz. (FULL SIZE)
            Well since I am not 10, this isn’t really my kind of polish!  I will be giving this to my junior 
             bridesmaid (who is 10) though. I’m sure she will love it.   This product is also from   
             England. I would never order anything from them! I had to use a converter online to figure 
             out the price.
Full Size: $8.57 My Value: $8.57

4)   Bare Minerals Cream Eyeshadow in “Devine Wine” – .03 oz.
I don’t really like this either.  For me, I’d rather have a much lighter color cream shadow to use as a base. This is way too dark and a color I would likely only use in the crease.  I don’t think this is something I would ever buy either, I mean, just check out the color options, how boring! It sounds fancy with the whole 5 in 1 thing, but to me it seems like just another expensive cream shadow.
Full Size: $18.00 for .10 oz. My Value: $5.40
Yes the pic is upside down.... but the colors are still boring!
       5)  Clear Clinic Vanished Clear Spot Treatment – 2 ml
I guess this is ok.  I mean, it’s a great travel size and they say you can put it under or over makeup which is helpful. It’s pretty pricey, though I am sure it lasts a long time!
Full Size: $35.00 for 7.5 ml My Value: $9.33

Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $27.79

I’m sorry, but this bag sucked.  I mean, it’s a terrible value and full of cheap un-useable products. Such a bummer.   With all of the surveys and product reviews I have done with Ipsy, I am really disappointed that this is the bag they came up with for me.  I think this may be the worst one I’ve ever received!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic



2 comments:

  1. I actually didn't mind the nail polish. I wouldn't use it a lot, but maybe an accent nail occasionally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the same things as you and feel pretty much the same. the last two bags have been more disappointing than thrilling.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...