Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Boxy Charm



Guess what?

I subscribed to a new box!

I did a little research on the different beauty boxes out there and decided on this one (and also another that I begin in March). It’s called Boxy Charm and it is $21.00 a month with free shipping. Boxy Charm is a beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from our team’s preferred well-known brands. It looks like they aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails!
This month’s Boxy Charm theme was “Cheers to a New Year” and the packaging was just adorable! It came in a sleek black box with a gold bowed tied on the side. Inside, the items were resting on strips of black and shiny gold paper! I loved it!
So without further ado….my first Boxy Charm!  
            1)     Reveille Reveille Warm Vanilla Body Polish– 4 oz. (FULL SIZE)
             Holy cow this smells amazing!  I can’t wait to use it!  I love that this is full size, I will  
             get to use it a bunch!
Full Size: $16.75 My Value: $16.75

           2)    Be A Bombshell Eye Shadow in “Birthday Suit” – .05 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Well as much as I love eye shadows, I probably won’t use this one. It’s too neutral for me.  It would be nice on upper lids….but you can’t even see mine because of my bangs! Also, I am kind of getting sick of seeing this brand, they appear in my beauty boxes way too often!
Full Size: $14.00 My Value: $14.00

3)  Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in “Angeles”-  .xx oz. (FULL SIZE)
When I first saw this I was really excited, it looked right up my alley. But alas, I tried it on and it is just too flat nude on my lips. Not in a flattering way either. I need more color.  But….it smells freakin amazing!  Like cupcakes. I think I am going to keep it just for that reason. I will use it to tone down other colors I have.
Full Size: $19.90 My Value: $19.90

4)   Deep Sea Cosmetics Intensive Revival Facial Serum – .18oz.
Hmmm…I have no idea what to do with this! I mean, do I put it on at night after I wash my face? In the morning before I put makeup on? Also, what the heck does it do? I am clearly going to have to google it.  I definitely think they should give subscribers more info!
Full Size: $49.99 1.7 oz. My Value: $5.29

5)  SPAritual Nail Polish in Ice Ice Baby – 4 ml (FULL SIZE)
Well, I say I never wear nail polish, but this color is actually kind of nice.  It would have just a hint of sheer shine and sparkle, which I like. I may give it a try! Plus, how funny is that name? This is another brand I have seen in my beauty boxes, which I don’t love.
Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

 Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $67.94

Hmm. Well this box seems to be a great value…but I am disheartened by the Be a Bombshell and the SPAritual brands that I have seen before. Especially Bombshell, I get their products a few times a month it seems.

Since it is just my first box though, I am not going to give up. Hopefully next month will be a better variety!

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic








2 comments:

  1. This is one that I have not heard of! I will have to see your reviews in the future and make a decision on whether to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this box, but I love that the items are full sized! Much better than the silly sample sizes. Hello!!! I need the whole thing to know if I like it, not two days!

    Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...