Monday, December 23, 2013

These Are My Confessions

Soooo….I have a few makeup confessions to make! I know I may seem like I know it all since I am totally addicted to purchasing and talking about beauty products, but it’s not the truth.

I am pretty simple and set in my ways when it comes to my makeup. I haven't really changed much of what I do or wear in years!

  1. I do my eyeshadow the same way - Every. Single. Time. Yes, I always switch up the colors I use but I use the same basic pattern.  Dark shadow on the outside of my eyelid, light shadow across the inner and middle lid, and then a medium (usually brighter) color in between the mid and outer lid. 

                      Kind of like this:

  1. I have no clue what the heck to do with primer – I have several foundation primers that I have tried before putting on foundation and I just don’t get the point of them. In fact, they seem to totally ruin my foundation instead. It gets all globby and I end up having to take it off and starting again…sans primer.  Am I doing it wrong?  What is the point of this stuff?
  1. Speaking of foundation, I am really clueless on the stuff – I don’t know my color, I don’t have a favorite brand, I don’t even use any nice brands. When mine runs out, I usually just go to CVS and buy the cheapest one!  For a while I was using tinted moisturizer, but I’ve kind of switched from that.  Help!  What is a good, decently priced foundation to use? Or are BB creams better?
  1. You already know this….I can’t use an eye pencil – I just can’t ever get the darn thing to draw a line on my eyelid! Gel liner is my jam.

Ok....I spilled the beans. Now its your turn!  Do you have any makeup confessions?!?
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. I do my eyeshadow the same way 90% of the time too I just change up the colours! I have no idea what my actual skin tone/colour is, I've never been professionally matched for foundation I just go to the drugstore and make a somewhat educated guess about which colour to choose. Lipstick also confuses me, I want to wear it and feel all grown up but I end up feeling awkward, I keep trying tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try using an all in one foundation with primer. I use Stila. They're a little pricey but the stuff lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try using an all in one foundation with primer. I use Stila. They're a little pricey but the stuff lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always used to wonder the same thing about primer, but then I tried it and now I can't live without it! I use MAC Prep and Prime, it goes on like a lotion and makes it so the foundation sets better, smoother, and more evenly. In fact, I just recently ran out of it and haven't been to the mall to get a new one yet and I hate putting on my foundation without it! Trying to get the foundation on without the primer makes it almost feel like, kind of sticky and doesn't spread as evenly and I have to use more. The MAC Prep and Prime is a little pricy ($27 I think) but for me, it's worth it. I'm no make-up consessuir (sp?) but I've noticed that you definitely get what you pay for with make-up (i.e. the more expensive the product, the better it is). I'm sure there's exceptions to that, but I've had lots of success with the Prep and Prime! Also, I use Clinque Redness Solutions foundation. I had bad acne right after high school and still have a lot of scarring and redness to my complexion and this foundation is my life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of primer are you using? It definitely shouldn't make your foundation feel like that. I know that you don't have to use a lot of it, just a really thin layer, and letting it sit for a few minutes helps out. It's just supposed to make your foundation last longer.

    My favorite drugstore foundation is Revlon Colorstay. Awesome. Best stuff.

    I fail at liquid eyeliner. Pencils work best for me, and gel is second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha love it! i do not use a real bronzer, i use cinnamon (yep like the food) as my bronzer. cheaper and i smell yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...