Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Starbox Review - October

Time to show you my third Starbox!  I do like this box, though I am not sure I love it as much as others.  Don’t get me wrong, the products are always great, they just aren’t great for ME.

If you don’t remember, Starbox is a monthly beauty box that is $15 a month (plus a few dollars S&H) and comes with 3-4 FULL SIZED products each time.  No tiny lotion samples!

The website says the makeup line is comparable to MAC, Chanel, Sephora and other department store lines.  It also says that the value of each monthly box ranges from $35.00 to $99.00.

So here we go….the October Starbox

  1. Starlooks Gem Pencil in Mirage– .08 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This kind of makes me sad. I have absolutely no clue what I would ever do with this.  Seriously though, how to your wear glittery silver eyeliner? It definitely can’t be an everyday look right?
            Full Size: $14.00 My Value: $14.00

  1. Starlooks Tendergloss in “Puzzy” – .13 oz. (FULL SIZE)
You know my love for lip products in general, so I thought this would be great. Wrong. Even though it looks a peach-ish in the tube, it goes on clear. It’s like a fancy chapstick and that bums me out. 
Full Size: $13.00 My Value: $13.00

  1. Starlooks 3 Shadow Blush Palette in “3B1” – .26 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Ok, I really love this!  The blush colors are great and the case is pretty amazing. Even the mirror is awesome.  I do confess though, I would never in my life pay that much for blush!  I mean, I am happy with a $3 container from a no name brand. Still, for the overall price of $15 this is definitely worth it!
Full Size: $46.00 My Value: $46.00

Final Cost: $17.58
Final Value: $73.00

I am kind of indifferent on this box, even though the value is fantastic.  It’s not fun to get only three items, especially when they aren't anything I absolutely adore.

What do you think?

I will definitely continue to get this box, at least for a few more months. I got a note in the box that said the December box is going to include a $99 fifteen shade eye shadow palette.  Hello?  That is totally worth $15!  I’m thinking it will be a variation of this one.

If you’d like to try Starbox and make sure you get the awesome December box, you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you received a great box this time! This is one service I have been pondering for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blushes look great! I hope that you love the December box!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...