Monday, February 27, 2012

Chicken

All of my adult life I have been the kind of girl that only wants to date someone if I see it *possibly* lasting.  I don't want to waste my time, energy, emotions, or even money on someone that I know I'm just going to say goodbye to down the road. No one likes breakups, why prolong the inevitable?

Today I was thinking (albeit selfishly) "What about me"? What if I just want to have a little fun?  Hold hands with someone while driving, kiss in the rain, spend a saturday night cuddled under a blanket on the couch? I've been single so long that I miss those things.  Would it be wrong of me to just date someone who may not be perfect for me at all, just to have those moments again, even for just a little while?

Maybe I'll try that.  But probably not.  I'm just too scared. Chicken. Yeah, thats right, I'm calling myself names!


(Note: I have absolutely no one in mind right now, so I'm not trying to convince myself about someone)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...