Friday, February 10, 2012

Vegas or Bust!

To continue my birthday week I am headed to Vegas! 

This should really be an interesting trip....I'm only going for one night and with people I barely know.  The twenty-eighth year of my life is starting off going with the flow and taking chances!

Weeks ago I asked my mom if she wanted to go to San Diego or Vegas for our birthdays (hers is two days after mine).  We never made any concrete reservations, but I kind of had it in my mind that we would take a trip this weekend.  Turns out she just couldn't get away.  I was bummed, I love vacations with my momma.

A few weeks later I was hanging out with a guy friend (ok, really an ex) and his little boy.  I mentioned my birthday coming up and he immediately said "Vegas?"  I thought, "Sure why not?"  So again I got excited to go.  When I finally decided to actually make reservations and such I talked to him and he realized that was the weekend he was moving into his new house and couldn't go.  Fail again.

Yesterday I posted on facebook that I wanted to go to Vegas and that I was sad that I couldn't.  Bam!  One of the guys I know from high school (but really I don't know all that well) asked if I was serious about going. I told him yes and he said that he and his friend wanted to go! I know of his friend but have never met him. Apparently we went to the same high school but four years apart.

So....that's what I'm doing this weekend.  Hopping in my car this afternoon to drive to Vegas with A and R. A actually plays arena football and last year he played for the Las Vegas Locos (he just signed with the AZ Rattlers) so we will be getting VIP everywhere we go. Can't beat that!

My only issue is that we are staying at A's friends house.  I have no idea what that means.  Are we all sharing a couch?  Are there multiple bedrooms?  Are we camping out on the floor?  Eeek its giving me anxiety!

I've just been telling myself that this weekend I am going to suck it up and go with the flow. How bad can it be?  (I hope those aren't famous last words!)

Here's to a fun weekend in Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...