Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What Home? - Update

Time for an update!
Thankfully my parents live in the same state, so they agreed to let me live with them for a few weeks.  Nothing like moving back in with your parents when you are 29 years old and have been living on your own for several years!  The thing that sucks is they are about 25 miles from my job and even further from where C is staying. This translates into at least an hour of traffic every morning and evening.  Not my favorite!
The bummer with this living situation is they are allergic to October (my cat).  They asked if I would be willing to put her up in a kennel the whole time if they paid for it.  The whole idea of that brought me to tears.  Seriously, I cried for a few hours in a ball on the bed. C was utterly lost as to what to do.
I decided to put up on Facebook a request to see if anyone would be willing to watch her.  For a while people just kept commenting on how cute she was….but no one was offering to help!  Finally, the next morning a friend said she and her daughter would watch her.  I was ecstatic! I miss her like crazy, but I know she’s in good hands.
As for our stuff, it’s in a friend’s garage.  I took two days off of work and we boxed everything up and drove it to the next city (it took us several trips and the use of a friends truck). We were up until 3 in the morning the first night!  Let me tell you, moving with no notice really sucks!  Also, finding boxes that quickly is no easy task. I would highly suggest going to Wal-Mart between the hours of 12 and 1am….that’s when they are stocking shelves.  We just grabbed a cart and walked around the store collecting empty boxes.
I get to see C a few times a week which is nice.  But let me tell you, its difficult going from living together to being apart like this.  Good morning texts just aren’t the same as the real thing! 
I am grateful though that we were able to find a solution for everything. No, it’s clearly not ideal, but it’s working.  You better believe though that I am counting down the days until I am not living out of a suitcase again. 
12 days down, 4 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...