Thursday, March 14, 2013

Love Day

(Sorry!  I totally thought I posted this already...it's a bit late!)

So this Valentine’s Day was the first one for C and I.  I didn’t want to make a huge deal of it and we are pretty low on money so we decided to stay in and have fondue, which is my favorite meal. He loves it too, which is pretty awesome.

We just put peanut oil in the pot and cook chicken and broccoli in it.  Growing up my family did steak and mushrooms too, but C and I decided we really preferred the first two things, so why waste the others?  We also cut out the cheese sauce my family used and strictly went with sour cream.  Mmm….sour cream.  Yum.  Doesn’t everything taste better with sour cream?
For desert we used the chocolate fondue set we got in a white elephant gift exchange over Christmas.  We just simply dipped bananas and strawberries in the chocolate.  Perfection.

As for gifts, I got my pinterest on.   I made him a man bouquet with scratcher lottery tickets and mini liquor bottles.  I was quite proud of it and he loved it.  He got me some beautiful flowers and really meaningful card.  Also, he cleaned the tub.  I had been asking him to do it for a few weeks so I was really excited about that.  It’s the little things.


















I realized that now that I am in a happy relationship and really in love my view on the holiday has changed.  I used to dream of it as a kid/teenager and imagine that it was all about chocolates and flowers and hearts and sparkles and lovey dovey romantical type things.  What I learned this year though, was that it doesn’t have to be that way.  I don’t need a certain day to tell C that I love him and prove it by being gushy.  All of those things felt almost silly because I know that we truly love each other!   

Don’t get me wrong though, I still love the holiday and I fully intend to embrace it every year. I just know now that I don’t need or want to expect much from it. Being with C is enough J  
(P.S. – Yes, there is a rubber duck in some of the pictures.  You can fully blame my co-workers.  They made me do it.  Please ignore. )




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...