Friday, July 10, 2015

Boxy Charm Review - May

After a bit of a break to you know, have a baby, it Boxy Charm review time!

This box is $21.00 a month with free shipping and is a “beauty box subscription that surprises you each month with the best beauty products from popular and chic brands. Each box contains full size and luxury size beauty samples from preferred well-known brands.” They aim to cover a whole look from makeup to nails, which I really like. 

The theme for May was  “Bold & Beautiful." I think the theme is pretty general, but the items definitely fit that!

Here is the May Boxy Charm!  
 

1)      Model Co. Bronze Shimmer – .35 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This is a shimmer bronzing powder for face and body.  I generally don't use bronzers, but I do like the shimmer aspect for the summer. Unfortunately, this looks very dark. I'm not sure it would really work for my skin color!
Full Size: $22.00 My Value: $22.00

2)      The Lip Bar Lipstick in "Kiss Me"  - 3.5g (FULL SIZE)
Oddly enough, at first glance I thought I would hate this color, but I don't! Its really bright, but the color works for me.  I'm really surprised. Unfortunately though, the formula is really drying. I would have to use a gloss with it or something underneath it.  It wouldn't even fully cover my bottom lip, its too dry and doesn't stick. closer to my mouth.  Really weird! I don't think I'd ever purchase this lipstick either, the case looks cool, but it is ridiculously huge.
Full Size: $20.00 My Value: $20.00

3)   LVX Nail Lacquer in "Mynt" – .5 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Well this is definitely not my color!  I do have this brand in a different color that I received in another box though and I love it.  It's actually the only nail polish I have used in the last 8 months probably! The formula is great and it almost looks like gel polish  on which is pretty cool.
Full Size: $16.00 My Value: $16.00
 

4)   Bodyography Essential Brow Trio  – .10 oz. (FULL SIZE)
This seems like it would be a cool product, but its something I would never ever use.  As a person with bangs, you can't even see my eyebrows! I don't ever need to do anything with them. Looks like you can use it as an eyeliner or eye shadow though, so at least its not a wash!
Full Size: $19.00 My Value: $19.00

5)   Bodyography Brow Brush  – (FULL SIZE)
Again, not a super useful product to me at first glance. I did notice though, that the brush looks almost exactly like my angled eyeliner brush, which is nice. I could probably get use out of it!
Full Size: $19.00 My Value: $19.00

Final Cost: $21.00
Final Value: $96.00

While not upper useful to me personally, I think this months Boxy Charm box is pretty great!  The value is quite high (and not because they are overpriced items like they sometimes seem to be) and had I not had bangs (like Boxy Charm would know that) I would definitely get use out of most of the products! Good stuff Boxy Charm!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to get Boxy Charm, you can sign up here!

(Also, I’m not a review only blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...