Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pressure

C has been telling people that he will propose once I meet his son. 

We just booked our trip to Michigan in August to see him for his birthday.

Eeek. No pressure there.

I am a little scared.  I mean, I love children and I know we will get along, but just knowing that the rest of my life hinges on that moment is enough to stress me out.

What do I say?

What do I do?

Should I get him a birthday gift?

What do 8 year olds like?

What about his mother?  (As in C’s ex)

Thankfully she is happily married with other children, so I am not threatened by her in any way.  No matter what, it is still really intimidating to me. 

What will she be like?

Will she like me?

What if she doesn’t?

I am trying to focus on the good things about my trip.  This will be the first time I’ve ever flown on a vacation with a significant other.  I am excited to get on a plane and travel with him because I know that we will be doing a lot of that in our future. I am excited to see the town he went to college in and meet some of his friends. I’ve heard so many stories.  I am definitely excited to go to my first Michigan State game! C has been grooming me….Go State!

I just have to keep praying for peace and wisdom about the situation.  Oh and maybe find some anxiety pills to bring along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...