Friday, June 1, 2012

Rest In Peace

One of C’s teammates passed away on Monday. He was 26.

I cannot get this out of my head.  I am almost obsessed with it.  I keep reading articles online. Just three weeks earlier I was out dancing with C and he and his girlfriend. We were having fun, being crazy and just enjoying ourselves.

Monday night they found him dead in his hotel room. He had actually gotten traded to San Jose the day after we went out, so he wasn’t in Arizona.  His girlfriend hadn’t heard from him in a while and asked one of his teammates to check on him. He was found on the floor of his room.  They still haven’t said the cause.

My heart goes out to her.  I can’t imagine that feeling.  The worst possible outcome of worrying because you can’t get in touch with someone came true for her.  It makes me sick to my stomach to think about.  He left behind a 2 year old little girl too.  She will grow up without a father now.

I pray for peace for his family and friends.

RIP Johnie K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...