Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Raining

You know that saying "When it rains, it pours?" Well, I think its true with men also.  It seems every time I actually do get a date or meet a cute boy....there's one or two that follow right after. More often several come along at the same time.

This is happening again to me.  Although, I'm fairly confident that either of these will work out to be anything more than a few dates and some fun evenings.

Mr. R is someone that several people at work have mentioned has a crush on me. Don't worry, he doesn't work with me, just in the same building.  That's not technically an office romance right? He seems like a nice guy. When we went to lunch the other day though he was quite chatty, which surprised me. I'd always assumed he was a quiet guy. We had a good time and got along well. There are several pro's to Mr. R....but there is one big, huge con which is why I don't even feel the need to go into the pros. His facebook account says he is an atheist. Red flags are flying high over here. I am a Christian girl and my faith is extrememly important to me and its important in someone I date.  I want the person I date (and eventually marry) to share my beliefs.  I haven't flat out asked Mr. R about this, so I feel like I should give him a fair chance to explain. I'll give it one or two more dates but with that crimson stain on the most important thing in a relationship to me I just can't see it going any further.

Next up is Mr. M.  I met him....well....um....online.  Yes, I've tried the online dating thing.  At first I felt so lame, but then I stopped caring.  I've met a few nice guys, but no one worth spending a lot of time with.  Back to Mr. M.  He is cute, straightforward and funny.  He shared exactly what he believed in his first email because I mentioned in my profile my faith was important to me. I was impressed. We ended up hanging out the very same evening he first emailed me.  We went to Dave and Busters to play video games.  I had a lot of fun and was able to act like my goofy self around him.  We made plans to hang out again.  Thing is?  He never contacted me the night we were supposed to hang out again (which was actually tonight and its 10:04pm so I don't think it will happen).  I'm a little confused, but more just irritated. Who does that? Sorry buddy, don't make plans with a girl and then not follow through. He was the one that suggested it, not me. Maybe he has a good excuse, but I'm not counting on it.

So as quick as it began raining it has stopped.  Bright and sunny over here with no more prospects. It was nice to jump in the puddles for a few days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...