Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thankful

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving....I know I did!

My Thanksgivings have always been small. Only one year of my 27 do I remember spending it with another family. It has always been just the four of us (my parents and my brother and I). Since my brother joined the Navy a few years ago, it has dwindled down to three. The first year I had a hard time without him, but every year since it has gotten a little easier.

Because it is just the three of us, we can have a lazy Thanksgiving. No one leaves their pajamas, puts on make-up or does their hair.  I can't imagine having it any other way. We watched football, did puzzles, watched Gone With the Wind, and drank wine. Oh and we defintiely ate lots of good food!

I even tried something that I've been wanted to try for awhile now....spiked egg nog.  We bought some that was already pre-spiked.  Let's just say I should have spiked it myself.  It burned going down! Now I have no idea what to do with the giant bottle that is still in my fridge.

Anywho, I have plenty to be thankful for and sometimes I'm not sure I really ever stop to think about that.  Its probably a little cliche being that this is what everyone is talking about this month, but I really do need to focus more on what I am thankful for. And not just through the month of November. It needs to be all year long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...