Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Trying

So it looks like it is inevitable at this point….I am going to be a lone wolf.  It seems all of my close friends are pairing off with eligible bachelors and I am the one left standing.  I feel somewhat like we’ve all been playing a rousing game of musical chairs and I just lost.

At one point all of my girlfriends were single.  We would spend our nights out on the town and our days discussing bits of fleeting crushes we had on various men.  Sure, every once in a while one of us would pair off with a boy, but it didn’t feel as dramatic when it was one at a time.  This time, its everyone. Except me.

I know it seems like I am complaining, which I guess maybe in a way I am.  After being single for almost 7 years (you read that right) I am perfectly happy and capable on my own.  In fact, most of the time I prefer it.  I can scope out boys without feeling guilty, go see whatever movie I want, have complete control of the remote and lounge around at home in whatever the heck I want to wear.

I cannot however, venture into public without makeup or a fabulous outfit. What if I meet Mister Right?

I feel like now I’m going to miss out on fancy double date nights or getting to gush about what cute thing so and so did. I’m trying to be ok with this. Trying to be happy for my friends. Desperately trying to convince myself that its not me, its just not Gods perfect time yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...