Friday, June 6, 2014

Starbox Review - May

Starbox time!  

I am still not sure if I want to keep this box, but I thought I’d hang on a little bit longer. Every quarter they send out a “loyalty gift” of $35 to their store, which is pretty awesome. It almost pays for the boxes themselves!

If you don’t remember, Starbox is a monthly beauty box that is $15 a month (plus a few dollars S&H) and comes with 3-4 FULL SIZED products each time.  No tiny lotion samples!
The website says the makeup line is comparable to MAC, Chanel, Sephora and other department store lines.  It also says that the value of each monthly box ranges from $35.00 to $99.00.

The theme of this box is “Wander” which um?  I don’t get it. How is that a theme?

Here it is….the May Starbox!  

           1)     Starlooks Iridescent Loose Powder -  .63 oz  (FULL SIZE)
At first I was really excited about this because I use loose powder everyday.  Then, I noticed all of the sparkles in this and got sad.  How the heck am I supposed to use this?  It’s like a sparkly bronzing powder. Very sparkly. Since I am not 12 and also not a beach goddess, I doubt I will be getting much use out of this.
Full Size: $21.00 My Value: $21.00

          2)    Starlooks eye Pencil in “Exit to Eden”– 2.4g (FULL SIZE)
           This is actually a really pretty color and I am tempted to use it.  It’s a like shimmery, 
           summery green color. I would probably use it under my eyes as opposed to on my 
           lids.  I need dark on my lids for some definition.
          Full Size: $12.00 My Value: $12.00

          3)    Starlooks Makeup Remover  – 3.38 oz. (FULL SIZE)
           I’ve actually been looking for a good makeup remover so I am very happy about 
           this.  It’s a pretty small bottle for the price, but hey, I’ll take it! Hopefully it takes off 
           this new eyeliner I’ve been using (gel liner from Mica Beauty).  That stuff sticks like 
           no other!
          Full Size: $15.00 My Value: $15.00

     3)   Starlooks Spa Towells  – 1 towel (FULL SIZE)
           First of all, ya'll spelled towells wrong. Second of all, a towel with lotion on it? A towel  
           that costs over a dollar to use and probably doesn't even cover half my body? No 
           thanks!
          Full Size: $13.50 for 10 My Value: $1.35

 Final Cost: $17.58
Final Value: $48.00

I am indifferent on this months box.  I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it either.  I like the makeup remover…but that just seems so boring.  Oh well, at least I will definitely get some use out of it!

What do you think?

If you’d like to try Starbox you can sign up here!

(Also, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these fun things! I have not been compensated for this review.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...