Friday, June 20, 2014

Ipsy Review - June (and PLBS Link-Up)

Hello Ipsy!

I had an overnight work trip last week (to Universal Studios in LA…woo hoo!) so I got this a little late, but it’s still a welcome piece of mail!

My favorite time of the month….I just love getting this bag in the mail! As I’ve always said, this is the best bag out there, especially for such a low price.  If you are looking to start a beauty subscription, I would definitely try Ipsy first.

Also, it’s only $10 a month….how can you not go for it? 

The theme of this month’s bag is “Fresh Pics.”  

So here it is….the June Ipsy bag!  

           1)     Be A Bombshell Mascara in “Lash Out” - .25 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Ooo I like this! A full sized mascara?  I am always up for trying new mascaras since I have yet to find one I absolutely love. This brand seems to be pretty popular with beauty bags, I hope that it is decent.
Full Size: $15.00 My Value: $15.00

           2)    DermaDoctor Dermatologically Defining BB Cream – .3 oz.
            Ok seriously, how many letters are we going to use in the alphabet for these kinds of       
            creams? I find it really annoying. BB wasn’t good enough, so they did CC. Now there is a 
            DD? Ugh. I feel like none of these do the miraculous things they claim to do!
Full Size: $38.00 for 1.35 oz. My Value: $8.40

           3)    Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray – 1.52 oz.
            First of all, this smells amazing! Second, is this a brand from the singer?  Or just someone 
            with the same name?? I wish It would have worked as well. It almost weighed down the 
            natural wave I had, making it look pretty terrible after a few hours.  I am going to give it one 
            more try, this time with a different finishing hairspray.  Fingers crossed!
Full Size: $8.79 for 4.2 oz. My Value: $3.18

4)   Nicka K New York Shimmer Eyeliner in “Green” – .1 oz. (FULL SIZE)
Well, this is a really pretty color.  I hope I get the guts to wear it sometime!  It’s a pretty cheap product, so I’m not sure how well it will actually work.  This is about the highest I’d pay for a liner like this that I would only wear once in a blue moon.
Full Size: $4.99 My Value: $4.99

       5)  NYX Butter Gloss in “Éclair” – .27 oz. (FULL SIZE)
You guys, I seriously love these glosses right now!  I currently have 3 of them in my purse. They smell great and are sooooo soft on my lips. I can’t get enough of them.  They are a great price too!  That being said….this color makes me sad. It’s just not me.  It’s a very light baby pink and just looks ridiculous on me.   Oh well!
Full Size: $5.00 My Value: $5.00
 
Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $36.57

This is a pretty decent bag I’d say.  The big ticket winner to me this time is the mascara.  It’s worth over the price of the bag alone.  I wish the butter gloss was in a different color, but at least one of my friends will get to enjoy it!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can sign up here!

(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.)

Also, its already Pretty Little Beauty Swap Link up time!!!

Unfortunately I didn't have a partner this month (she never ever answered my emails....boo).  But that doesn't mean I don't want to see the awesome things you all got!

Link up below!
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...