Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Ipsy Review - April

Ipsy time!


I love getting this bag in the mail! For a price that doesn’t break the budget ($10 including shipping), it is a great deal and you get a little beauty treat each month.  Sometimes they are a complete hit, sometimes a few products are a miss, but it’s always worth at least what I paid regardless!
The theme of this month’s bag is “Dreamers” and comes in an almost tie dyed, water color like bag.  Probably won’t be using that too much. The card states “Create looks that celebrate every side of your unique beauty-from natural and understated to high fashion and ultra-glam.”  I guess that about covers it?
Next up…the April Ipsy bag!
1) Tula Exfoliating Treatment Mask – .5 oz.
I do like face masks…..actually I love them.  That being said, I would never pay this price for one!  I am just fine with my $7 freshly made masks from LUSH.
Full Size: $54.00 for 1.7 oz. My Value: $15.88

2) Jor’el Parker Fango Mud Therapy – 1 oz.
Alright….two face masks this month?  I guess Ipsy knows I like them!  At least this one is a bit more in my price range, but it’s nothing spectacular. Also, it smells like my grandma.  Seriously. This scent strongly reminds me of her!
Full Size: $27.00 for 7 oz. My Value: $3.85

3) City Color Hightlight Trio – .083 oz. each
I really like this!  I have started using highlighters more these days, so I know I will get use out of this. I like that it has three subtly different colors.  One is more gold, another closer to a cream color and the third has a hint of pink in it.  All of them are very pretty!
Full Size: $2.99 My Value: $2.99

4)  Luxie Beauty Highlighter Brush #522 – (FULL SIZE)
Well if you receive highlighter in your beauty bag, the next thing you need is a brush and Ipsy has you covered! I don’t have a brush at home that is dedicated specifically to using highlighter, so this is a very welcome addition for me.  For the price though, I would never buy it again.
Full Size: $32.00 My Value: $32.00

5)  Tarte LipSurgence Lip Creme in “Wonder” – .056 oz.
I really wanted to like this….but I just can’t.  It looks like it could be slightly neutral rosey in the packaging, but when I get it on it is just way too bright for my taste.  Bummer.  It is also very drying to me. 
Full Size: $24.00 for .1 oz. My Value: $13.44

Final Cost: $10.00
Final Value: $68.16

I am really happy with this month’s Ipsy bag!  I love the highlighter and highlighter brush and I can definitely see myself using both of the face masks. Hopefully I can find a friend who likes the color of the Tarte Lip Cream. The value this month is absolutely fantastic; even if you take out the highest priced item (the brush at $32) it’s still a pretty good value!

What are your thoughts?

If you’d like to give it a try you can
sign up here!
(As always, I swear I’m not a review blog….I just like sharing these things in hopes that other people will get to have the same fun that I do!  I am not compensated in any way.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:


  1. We provide creative solutions to clients around the world, creating things that get attention and meaningful.
    https://pixagon.org/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...